3800 GI: PCM tuning

FlyinGTP

Regular
Apr 25, 2008
Elk Grove
I ran this past John (thalord) before posting. I would like to gauge interest in PCM tuning. I'm currently in the process of opening up my own speed shop, and one of my target customers is going to be the Grand Prix community. At this point i'm still a ways off from actually opening the doors up. However i can offer pcm tunning right now to those who are interested. I would like to build up a reputation before the doors offically open up. At first i will only be offering 97 l67 and and l36 grand prix tuning, however other years will be added quickly(with in days) if the demand is there. I figure the 97 guys always have to wait for stuff to be out for there pcms so they get first shot this time around. At this point i would like to see who is interested if any and if they could also post the year of there car.

So you know, I have been working on and modifying L67 and L36 vehicles since 1999. I'm also an ASE certified tech with BMW level 1 status who graduated from Universal Technical Institute in Glendale Heights, Il. I have expirence with pcm tuning on LS1, LT1, FAST and DFI systems. I have been involved with pcm tunning of some sort since 2000. I have also sucsessfully writen many L67 PCM's with positive results.

I welcome any questions/feedback and look forward and am excited to working with the Grand Prix community.

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
Well I'll be happy to pay for your services.

Ive had my PCM overwritten by CY-YA! I will be growing out of that program soon.

Its burned for a TEP cam, 3.29 gear, and some timming. EGR is removed with the cat 02....
I will need to have my PCM upgraded for larger squirters and epanded MAF tables for a LS1 TB later due to the MP112 install and a soon to come smaller pulley.

Ive been told you cant add to an already re-programmed PCM. But if thats the case I will have to live with it. But, it seems crazy to pay all over again for something already done.....I guess all im asking for is a little mercy($$$)

I would still like to see what was done. Then revalueate what will need to be done.

FlyinGTP

Regular
Apr 25, 2008
Elk Grove
As long as the previous vendor did not lock the pcm i would be able to make those changes to your pcm to incorporate the larger injectors and the ls6 maf table. In fact i have all sorts of maf tables (ls1, ls6, lt1...etc). I will also keep a back up of that file in my database incase of dealer reflash. The mp112 will require some more work then those other things. But it isn't anything we can't work out.

The important thing i need to know though is what year is your car.

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
Sorry, I PMed you before I read this. Its a 2000. It is been overwritten by Miker already.....

Cam, misfire removed. EGR and cat 02 has been deleted aswell. Also for the 3.29 gear. Dont know if he locked it. I doubt he did. If it is I'll have to track him down. He doesnt return my e-mails anymore.

Thanks Mike. See my PM for my mods. Any imput on your behalf would be appreciated. I would like to learn a little about how you overwrite the PCM's.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• F
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list