3800 LS1 throttle body and IAT

kazoo

Regular
Dec 16, 2008
East Peoria
Just finished installing the LS1 throttle body and the throttle response is amazing with this thing. But when I was installing the LS6 MAF I noticed something that might be of interest to most of you. The LS6 MAF uses a five pin connector as a hook up to the main harness. On our cars we only use three of the five pins. When looking at it the other two pins actually go to an air intake temp sensor. So I pulled the two wires and pins out of the stock two pin connector going to the stock IAT and put them into the adapter connector that came with the LS1 kit. The connectors actually have numbers on them that correspond to the pins. Just make sure you plug the wires in the same location on the new connector. Well I plugged it in and it works. This way I did not have to worry about cutting a hole in the ducting to place the stock IAT. It’s all contained in one unit now. If this is a repost or you already know about this than disregard. Just taught this might help someone out.

John

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• K
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list