3800 Now what

This strange noise is coming from the drivers side. Sounds like really fast tapping/creaking/poping. Its not the cv boots as there is no feedback into the steering wheel.

Makes the noise when accelerating from a stop or turning the wheel quickly. Also was able to reproduce the noise at 35mph by swaying the car back and forth (think nascar heating up there tires waiting for pace car to leave). Noise goes away around 20-25 mph or so.

Car is lowered w/ front coilovers and B&Gs in the rear. Took both tires off and inspected axles/swaybar/endlinks. Everything looked normal. I have about a 1 finger gap between the top of the well and tire (stock rims).

At first I thought maybe my Strut bar was loose becuase I had to remove it to put a new coupler on the blower snout. Bar is tight on both sides. Coilovers show no signs of anything abnormal

Besides the noise the car behaves as normal. No strange shifting, no noticable power loss.

Anybody have any ideas???

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• R
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list