3800 crysler concorde

RareGMFan

Addict
Jan 12, 2008
Naperville, IL
Which year? I haven't heard the best things about the first body stylewhen the Concorde nameplate was first introduced. On the other hand, my sister's friend's mom leased a newer style Concorde for a couple of years, and had no problems. She liked it enough that when the lease was up, she bought a brand new one (about a year ago).

I

imported_Ron Vogel

They suck, I did some work on it's sister car (dodge intrepid). did some research to help diagnose a problem with it. Turns out, water pumps are prone to fail, in turn causing other engine problems. It took me 12 hours to change the WP, the radiator and front end need to come off to replace. It is also run off the timing belt, so that needs to be removed to get at it.

B

Big Jeff GS

My parents had one the second year they were out. I'm pretty sure it had the 3.5 in it but at about 11,000 miles it started to backfire pretty bad. The dealer tried 2 times to fix it but couldn't "pinpoint" the problem. Luckily it was a lease. On the flip side I've got a guy here at work that has a '98 Intrepid with 135,000 on the clock that beats the tar out of it and the car is still running strong with no problems. Luck of the draw I guess.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info