3800 A.C Question ...

burtgtp1973

TCG Elite Member
Jan 20, 2009
Bourbonnais Illinois
my air is still not working... i had taken it to Jiffy Lube . they charged me a flat 50.00 to evacuate the old refrigerant and replace it w/ new stuff. after the they put it in we start the car and it is not blowing cold. the mgr says drive it for a couple of days and bring it back if it doesnt start blowing cold. so, yesterday i brought it back. they repeated the process .. and still nothing.

a freind of mine was telling me a guy he knew had the same type of problem .. he had said there is a "computer chip" that goes bad in our cars . any one ever heard of this problem , the guy said that alot of GP's have A.C . problems ...the refrigerant stayed full since they had replaced it , and the condensor is kicking on and off as it should. any ideas ... it going to be getting hott !

superchargedgp

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
There is a drain tube in the engine compartment, very low behind the alternator on the firewall. The tube is fairly soft rubber. Pull this tube out of the firewall and the water will drain out. Then put the tube back in.

Do what ever you have to do to get the carpet dry. Stinks up the place if you don't.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Run a scan of the car to find out the IAT temps. If they are below 60-70 degrees you won't get air. The hotter they are the colder your A/C works. If your IAT is bad, it's a $7 NAPA part. A good way to check, run a jumper in the connector. No resistance will tell the computer your IAT's are 280 degrees. It won't hurt the car, and you'll get an instant answer if the A/C blows cold.

S

sr71_rgl

The AC system lines on almost all cars are sealed by little O rings that sit in the fittings. These dry rot over time and begin to leak out all the refrigerant in the system leaving you with nothing but hot air. This can be fixed by going to Azone or Target and purchasing/using their AC recharge/sealer kit. I know it sounds too good to be true but it worked on my 95 SHO....cooooooold air for $50.

burtgtp1973

TCG Elite Member
Jan 20, 2009
Bourbonnais Illinois
Well. i tried what Ron had said and still nothing ... does it matter what you use as a jumper because i tried a paper clip .and a piece of speaker wire the air temp in the car did not change. someone had mentioned that the orufus tube may be clogged ... anyone know where that is located ? the the dryer is not getting cold nor is the secondary dryer ... NONE of the lines are getting cold for that matter.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info