3800 Anyone ever have warranty work done??

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
I bought an aftermarket warranty along with my car. Since I had the HUD and everything I got the best warranty I could get with that company. Well, I have a feeling that something in my suspenion is starting to give since it likes to shake like a mad man when I hit the brakes...or just drive fast.

I was told that it is either the wheel bearings...or the tie rods. Those just happen to be covered by my warranty. :D

Now......will I have to pay out of pocket and get reimbursed???? Or can I have the dealer contact the warranty company and thet will take care of it?? Or should I call the warranty company...explain the situation....then goto the dealer and have them confirm it??

Just trying to get this taken care of as smoothly (and cheaply) as possible. LOL Might as well have them fix the window that wont roll down or up and check the HUD that likes to jump the speed around at certain times.

xttc2000

Addict
Dec 21, 2008
ive been taking my car to a private shop for every extended waranty claim and havnt had a problem. ive followed my guy terry to 2 different shops, hes my shop manager. when he moves he takes his techs with him so its always the same guys working on my car.

he wont void the waranty for mods, we took jons car in with the IC on it and had him replace engine components under waranty.

you take the car in and give him the extended waranty info, he diagnoses the problem and calls the company. gets an aproval and fixes it. you pay your deductible and are on your way.

(708)547-9753 is the shop number, ask for terry.

its in berkely right off of 290 and st charles. the shop is small but they do good work.

Aircal

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 10, 2008
Countryside
Real Name
Tom callahan
Originally posted by Fish@Jun 4 2004, 12:40 PM
Huh...thats pretty cool. I thought you could only take your car to a dealer for warranty work. Ive never had a warranty with a car.....so I really dont know what to expect.
read your contract. You might not have to go to a dealer. Warrenty Gold, used to let me go to pep boys. If you don't have your contract give the company a call.

1BADGTP

Addict
Nov 6, 2007
Homer Glen
i got one also with my car but i have not had to pay anything for my new supercharger, fuel pump, fuel presure reg., and new intake gasket, and a few other things. i have ATI or something like that i just took it to the dealer and they called the company if you have a deductable you will have to pay that but since you got the good one i dont think you will. :) just call and see were you can go.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Thanks for the info guys. I do have a 100 deductable. Do I pay that at the place where I have the work done, or do I call the company and use a CC#?? Ill call the company and ask where I can take the car. Like I said....the suspension...and some electrical work need to be done. Hopfully they will take care of it all.

Maybe I can do another 1 wheel burnout and have a new tranny dropped in as well. :lolsign:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info