3800 So I got this idea...

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Well, I've got a bunch of TB's on my bench, and was out having a smoke in the garage. I was toying with the idea of making a steel TB from scratch lately. I had some 3" pipe laying next to one of the tb's and thought, why not sleeve it? 3" tube is roughly 75 mm anyway. I'm thinking of sleeving a tb much like sleeving a block. Shouldn't be any big deal to do. The main problem with opening up the bore is the race for the throttle shaft. If it's sleeved, that's no problem. In fact, I don't see any real problem with going to 80 or 85mm. It'd have to be used with a LS1 maf, but it'd still be a cool little project. I just got a TB that would otherwise be junk anyway I'll try it out on. I'll have to pick up a stainless insert this week and check it out.

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
My father in law works at Central steel. I think he can get 3" UP TO A 1/4" thick. Im going to be getting some in the near future to fab up my TB relocation pipe.

Im also getting some 1/2"-3/4" aluminum plate for the flanges. I know I can get that. I guess you can mock up your first one in steel. You could fart around with the alum. later unless you have your heart set on it.

Happy tunes......

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• I
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list