3800 Spiders.......uugghhh

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
Yea, so I was heading to bed the other night. It's 3:30, dark, and im getting really tired. So I walk into the bathroom, turn on the light, and reach for the sink to start brushing my teeth. Then my eyes adjusted to the light and i see this gross spider in my sink. I instantly froze and jolted my hand back. Stood there for a minute..took a picture...and introduced it to the bottom of a dixie cup. AAAHHHH, I hate spiders soooooo much. Spiders and snakes.....the world would be great without spiders and snakes......gross.

dsk727

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Minneapolis MN
same here.. hate spiders.. and any other bug with more the 6 legs..ewwwww gross!!!!! :)
I swear they can sense my fear cause they always make their way towards me once I see them! Happened the other day here at work, damn centipede or millipede... while I was watching the front desk for the receptionist.. made its way all the way across the front entrance of the building right for the front desk...so disgusting.

The brown recluse and the black widow are the united states two vemonous spiders...

The brown recluse>
Loxo2b.JPG

2061_2.jpg

BRS1.JPG

It's bite, this was 2 year after the bite...
bite2yr.jpg

Here is a map of were most the spiders are found....

http://spiders.ucr.edu/images/colorloxmap.gif

When I was in Georgia trainging these things were EVERY where. There bites creat crators in your skin, and these spiders are agressive. These are mean little fu*kers... I have came in contact with them several times face to face, but luckly never bit.

I

imported_GraFFix

damm...im trying to find a picture of this one spider...a guy on another forum I go to posted a picture of it on his ceiling...it was the size of a dinner plate

it rocked!

And just so those of you who think im crazy..I am.

I had a Black Widow Spider as a pet for over a year. I smuggled her back from Vegas along with 3-4 of her friends..I got lucky with mine she was pregnant and layed a few cacoons...i had like 500 little baby black widows in the glass globe they were in.
one of the coolest creatures to watch...feeding time was always fun..and watching them spin thier web is amazing. especially when your inches from them and safe from being bitten..LOL

Haha.... I had a brown recluse in my car one night in Georgia when I was leaving the base I was on. I got through the gates when the thing came down from a web right in front of my face while I was driving. I freaked out and swatted at it and then in landed on my lap near my crotch!! I then really freaked out and pulled over on the side of the road and jumped out of the car really fast and began to run while jumping franticly around.... lol.

I didn't see where the little fu*ker went but I didn't see him on me but I kept on dancing around not to take a chance. Meanwhile a cop with a K9 in his car pulled to see what the hell I was doing, and as he pulled up he was about to say something but he saw my Federal Training Center ID badge as I was jumping around so he just drove right past me and left. hehe, he just thought I was another weirdo or something. Never the less I didn't find out where the spider went... but it sure kept me on my toes for the next few days.

Always look up before getting in your car :) You'll never know what's up there waiting for you :D

dole21

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
South Carolina
For illinois the meanest looking spider you will probally bump into is a wolf spider... these things get to be over a half dollar in size.... well at least the ones I have seen>

OK.....could have gone without the extreme closeups there Jared.

We have those here at work, and theres nothing worse than one running out in the middle of selling a washer...

There was one...I swear I thought it was a mouse...and it was FAST, let me tell ya the crunch it made ughhh...i can still hear it. We had a girl who worked here, she used to pick them up and take them outside! :blink: It was strange.

2KREDGHOST

TCG Elite Member
Nov 13, 2008
WEAK!!

I use to collect spider's when I was a kid and I think they're very interesting. I have to agree with Joe. I use to have 4 Garden spider's 1 grew to be a big as a baseball it was awesome I had it in a fish tank. I use to feed it cricket's and it enjoyed them alot. It was cool watching it spin its web and wrap up its victims.

For those of you terrified about spider's there's nothing to be afraid of try holding a scorpion in the palm of your hand. I did this when I went to Mexico 4 yrs ago and it was an experience I'll never forget. Pretty interesting as well i had a pet scorpion over in Mexico and I wish I could have brought back with me, but my mom hates scorpion's with a passion.

Leo

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
Well I live in central IL. My backyard is a forest, so it probably came from there. We also have wasps nests everywhere around our house. I could never have a spider as a pet. I dont care if it did a lil dance and could cursive with its webbing. I would be smashing it before it got the first 8 step done.....well maybe not. A dancing/writing spider could be worth a lot

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info