Hot Import Nights Chicago, IL July 24th
Super Chevy Show Joliet, IL August 6th - 8th
Indy Truck Bash Indianapolis, IN August 13th - 15th
Furious Nights Cleveland, OH August 28th
Battle of the Imports Joliet, IL Sept 18th - 19th
Nopi Nationals Atlanta, GA Sept 18th - 19th
Hot Import Nights Cleveland OH Oct 9th
Import Life Tour Chicago, IL Oct 23rd

here are some, not sure if they fall on Sunday's but these were events I was planning on attending. ;)

Aircal

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 10, 2008
Countryside
Real Name
Tom callahan
Originally posted by taylordssei@May 27 2004, 07:43 PM
Every Wensday in Elmhurst, York rd. just south of North Ave. Pretty nice there, lots of muscle cars, see couple GP's there too.
I was at that one two years ago. Thats the first time I meet with the GP group. Last year I was working so missed the pontiac night.

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
in 02 i used to go to the lemhurst show all the time... i'd get their early and get parking... but last year I was told they were being dicks to late model cars ... if I'm going to a car show I want to arrive early and get main parking lot parking.... I'm not about to park my car on the street w/as many people as go by ....

(in 02 only the front part of the 5/3 (well a little aways) was reserved for theme cars... but from what I hear last year... if you're driving a newer car they don't want you....

RareGMFan

Addict
Jan 12, 2008
Naperville, IL
Elmhurst - Wednesdays
Downers Grove - Fridays
Wheaton - Fridays
Strat's (in Villa Park) - Fridays
Lombard - Saturdays

That's the summer schedule. I think all of them should be under way already till around Labor day. I don't know about that anti-newer models deal, Horist. I've seen quite a few Vipers and Vettes at all of the above shows, and I've been going to almost every one for the past 3-4 years.

It's the newer, "average" cars they're not so kind to. I had just gotten the Turbo STE on the very last day of the Lombard show last year. I parked it on the street after 9 PM (the show was over, but a few cars always linger), and left the hood open just for the hell of it. Me and a buddy were eating ice cream on some steps across the street, and after a few minutes, I heard some kid go "ooooooh, a Grand Prix! Wow! They only made 80,000 of those!" As you may have figured, he was saying it in a tone saturated with sarcasm. I didn't expect anyone to be impressed with it, but ignorant, uneducated comments like this piss me off to no end. I could live with "no big deal", or even "who cares". But don't make retarded comments like "wow, only 80,000 of those made!" First of all, I doubt he's ever seen even a regular STE (which they only made around 5,000 of each year from '90-'93). Secondly, they only made the STE turbo in '90. Third, you're only off by 79,000!!! I immediately shot up and looked for who said it. I was going to run over to him, grab him by the neck, and jam his face into the turbo and say "Yeah? You've seen 80,000 Grand Prix' with one of these bolted on by McLaren from the factory???" Too bad I couldn't spot the guy. :angry: Oh well. There's always this year to run into him. :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info