3800 Credit Report ...

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
There are certain times when you are entitled to a copy of your report free, no matter where you live. In the event of an adverse decision related to your employment, the employer is required to give you a copy of your report. Otherwise, the free report should be requested from the CRA. You are entitled to a free credit report:

If you have been denied credit (you must request a copy within 60 days).
If you are unemployed and intend to apply for employment in the next 60 days.
If you are on public welfare assistance.
If you have reason to believe your file contains inaccurate information due to fraud.
If an adverse decision related to your employment has been made based in whole or in part on information contained in the report.
If your report has been revised based upon an investigation you request.

P.S. Great site: http://www.privacyrights.org/ Go to fact sheets...

John

Aircal

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 10, 2008
Countryside
Real Name
Tom callahan
Originally posted by horist@May 26 2004, 11:30 PM
I've wanted to get a Credit report.. but was worried it'd hurt the report????

I thought that every time a credit report is performed it hurt your credit record????
To a point you take a hit. But I don't think as long as its only one or two times a year it hurts you. Different things hit you differently. Applying for a credit card hits you worse than running credit on a car purchase. Typically only those that need to worry about their credit, have a reason to worry about taking a hit on thier credit.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
And plus it is the hits in a time period. For the credit reports I have seen, it is the number in 180 days, so if you want something that involves credit you know the time period you need clear. The reason why cars hit softer is because they know you will shop. Whereas with loans they hit hard, because you should not be shopping to every bank and running an application.

John

and P.S. It is recommended you pull your own credit 1-2 times per year for your own protection. You want to have anything that is in error cleared before you need credit because it takes time to clean these things up.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Creditors look for more than 3 inquiries per quarter. The credit report lists the inquries and who inqured; which is also important. My ex-wife worked at a credit collection firm, so I've a bit of knowledge on it. I found out during the divorce, she pulled my credit report several times by seeing it on my report. Too bad that's very illegal...I talked to her boss; I assured her boss I wouldn't press charges if she was let go. Revenge is sweet...

antpearl

Regular
Nov 21, 2008
Palatine
Originally posted by Ron Vogel@May 27 2004, 08:26 AM
Creditors look for more than 3 inquiries per quarter. The credit report lists the inquries and who inqured; which is also important. My ex-wife worked at a credit collection firm, so I've a bit of knowledge on it. I found out during the divorce, she pulled my credit report several times by seeing it on my report. Too bad that's very illegal...I talked to her boss; I assured her boss I wouldn't press charges if she was let go. Revenge is sweet...
i guess we know who won that battle. Nicely done ron! :lolsign:

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Divorce still cost me all my stuff, and $3500. I just got out of paying $900 a month in alimony. She wanted to keep the house, the cars and all the stuff AND have me pay per month. Even the judge couldn't understand that...I took my guitars, my car, tools, and clothes.

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
Originally posted by Ron Vogel@May 27 2004, 01:38 PM
Divorce still cost me all my stuff, and $3500. I just got out of paying $900 a month in alimony. She wanted to keep the house, the cars and all the stuff AND have me pay per month. Even the judge couldn't understand that...I took my guitars, my car, tools, and clothes.
Wait, is this your first marriage or is this going on right now? :ph34r:

Aircal, do all car places run a quick credit check on you even if your not even close to buying a car?...Ive heard of dealers running them while your on the test drive to see what you got......

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Originally posted by RoyalGTP+May 27 2004, 10:49 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (RoyalGTP @ May 27 2004, 10:49 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Ron Vogel@May 27 2004, 01:38 PM
Wait, is this your first marriage or is this going on right now? :ph34r:

Aircal, do all car places run a quick credit check on you even if your not even close to buying a car?...Ive heard of dealers running them while your on the test drive to see what you got...... [/b][/quote]
On my 2nd mariage now, everything is great. I got divorced about 7 years ago...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info