3800 signs of tranny going????? :(

What are signs of something going wrong with the transmission? I went wot on my car tonight and it was sputtering when trying to shift into the next gear. lately i have noticed that when i drive, i don't have tight shifts anymore. i always drive with perf shift on and the car shifted nice and crisp. now it's like a big pile of slop. when i don't get on the car at all, it shifts fine. it shifts like it would without perf shift on. i guess i am just wondering if like, you just keep driving it until the car won't move. thanks

zack

i just checked my plugs two nights ago because my car has been running rough at idle when i first start, but they are all fine.

j.e.t. ~ i haven't checked the tranny fluid level, haha. i will when i get home today. i'll look into that lucas stuff.

from now on i am just taking it easy on my car. and whatever happens happens.

Zack

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Originally posted by BumpinGTP@May 26 2004, 12:33 PM
and the freakin vibration this thing puts off is incredibly annoying
annoying....riiiiiggghhhht....dont you mean fun?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

You mite have $10,000 in mods but I got $20,000 in body work hahaahha!!

Thats the most expensive stock body GP Ive ever seen. :lolsign: :lolsign: :lolsign:

Sucks to hear that Zach. Hope everything goes well. How many miles are on your tranny??? If all else fails, you could end up going to LPSpeeds shop and get a rebuild, along with some hardened parts.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Originally posted by zeez gtp@May 25 2004, 06:19 PM
What are signs of something going wrong with the transmission? I went wot on my car tonight and it was sputtering when trying to shift into the next gear. lately i have noticed that when i drive, i don't have tight shifts anymore. i always drive with perf shift on and the car shifted nice and crisp. now it's like a big pile of slop. when i don't get on the car at all, it shifts fine. it shifts like it would without perf shift on. i guess i am just wondering if like, you just keep driving it until the car won't move. thanks

zack
This is out in left field, but check your plug wires. I had problems with my Taylors; one burn't to the front 02 sensor and caused issues that felt like trans problems. It' wouldn't hurt to measure resistance on them either. I found mine had more resistance than the stockers. This may be playing a role in the top end right before the shift.

dreamcat - i think you are on the right track about the fuel injectors. my car has been starting real rough lately, so i bought some fuel injector cleaner and my car has been starting up alot better. it used to start and then sound like it was gonna die, but it never died once. i think i need to get my injectors cleaned. i have almost 105,000 miles on it.

ron - i think my wires are bad. i just pulled out my spark plugs the other night to see how they were and they all looked good. they've been in my car since late january. the spark plugs wires have been on my car for almost 25k miles. so maybe it's time to get some new ones?

last night if i boosted my car just a little it was making that pharting noise like how it sounds for misfire's. there is no power whatsoever. i haven't set an ses code yet. so i don't know what the deal is.

would bad fuel injectors cause my car to make that bogging noise? would it also cause my car to idle really rough and sound like it is about to die sometimes?

thanks for all the help

Zack

rjaz gtp

TCG Elite Member
Feb 10, 2008
Naperville
Yeah Z I suggest hooking up with Justin and getting those fuel injectors cleaned out. When I first got my GTP it had that bad injector in it and if felt like the car was going to die and idled real rough. My suggestion is to clean out the injectors, once done with that slap on some new plugs and wires and you should be all set! Give me a holla...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info