3800 Pain/Clearcoat

jk99gtp

Addict
Nov 15, 2008
Does anyone know what the warranty period is when you purchase a new GP in terms of the paint/clearcoat?

I am having a problem where the clearcoat is chipping off my front bumper, and its starting to look ugly as hell. I want to take it into the dealership and complain, but I want to make sure that it would be covered under an extended warranty or factory car warranty for that matter.

Its a 1999 GTP, 4dr sedan...

Curious for now...

Thanks,

Joel

staceyyearsich

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
Crete
I've seen them warranty paint defects before, alot of times they go by the 3yr 36,000mile rule... or if its a defect and they usually can tell they will fix it, alot of times you have to raise hell and bitch alot,

back in 02 chevy had a re-call on the "blue" Blazer Extremes, I've seen alot of peeps try it, so it can't hurt.

The bumper might have been painted before at a body shop and not prepped properly. If there is another color or the same color underneath where its chipping off then its probably been painted. This happens from the lack of scuffing and sanding in the corners of the bumper. If you only see one layer of color then its a problem with the factory, which is VERY unlikely. If you can check with the owner before and ask them where they got the bumper painted at and the body shop should warrenty it. Im a painter in a body shop and i've dealt with bumpers like that, pm me if you got any more questions

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• J
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list