3800 A.C . question ....

burtgtp1973

TCG Elite Member
Jan 20, 2009
Bourbonnais Illinois
my air is not working ... i went to Autoho and bought 2 cans of R134A and put them in , the car took them but no coldness.

i can hear the compressor kicking on and off but nothing ... iam not sure what the name of the aluminum thing is on the lower driver side (condensor) maybe ? but it is not getting cold at all. so it almost seems like the lines are clogged somewhere ... does any one have any suggestions before i take it to a shop and get hosed....TIA !

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
Any repair you do will require you to recover or drain the freon. If you have or know some one with gauges, vaccum pump(to remove moisture) and knows whats going on ok......Be aware it could be dangerous and things can go from bad to worse.....

Have a pro hook some gauges on it and see what he says. You dont have to commit imeadiatly.....They may hit you for$10- $20 to read it....Dont pay anymore..

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
134 AC gauges. He is looking high and low side pressures. For the super heat.

Hope you added the freon in the correct shrader port...I believe the low pressure side. If you dont there is a chance of locking you compressor up and ouch $$$$$$$$$$$$

Where do you live?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• B
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list