3800 Need some help from chicagolanders

O

Onyx Dragon

Hey guys, I'm hoping you can help me out a little here. I have a friend coming into town in the first two weeks of june. On June 6th, 7th, 8th, and 9th we'll be in chicagoland, and on the 7th or 8th I'd like to take her to see a cubbies game, being that she's from Malaysia and this is her first time in the US. I've been a cubbies fan since I can remember, and I've never had problems getting tickets to a cubs game, of course, the last time I tried was around 15 years ago. If ANYONE knows of how/where I can pick up two tickets for those two dates, I would GREATLY appreciate it. Of course I'm willing to pay for the tickets, and being that it's Wrigley and a small stadium, there's really not a bad seat. I've even got Onstar looking for tickets :p If there's anyway to get tickets, I'd greatly appreciate it if you guys could help me out. If so please, contact me at [email protected]. Thanks eitherway gang!

Bill Staples

O

Onyx Dragon

Originally posted by blitzu@May 23 2004, 08:40 AM
She's coming from Malaysia?? Umm, is she a Malaysian citizen? Is she coming in through O'Hare?? If so what exact day and time? She might have some complications being from Malaysia and also being her first time here. Let me see if there might be a hold up and Ill get back to you.
She's actually flying into Dulles, being that I live in the D.C. area ;) She's got her Visa (10 year one). I run a game on the net, she codes for me, and she's visiting myself and some other admins of my game. I'm using this visit as an excuse to see the cubbies, while saying I"m "showing her around the US a little" OH! And she likes racing. Bought tix to the F1 race when it was there in Kuala Lumpur three years ago and was there for every day. So...guess who's going to 41 when I'm in town :D :D :D

Why would there be a holdup in O'Hare though?

Originally posted by Onyx Dragon+May 24 2004, 04:32 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Onyx Dragon @ May 24 2004, 04:32 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-blitzu@May 23 2004, 08:40 AM
She's coming from Malaysia?? Umm, is she a Malaysian citizen?  Is she coming in through O'Hare??  If so what exact day and time?  She might have some complications being from Malaysia and also being her first time here.  Let me see if there might be a hold up and Ill get back to you.
She's actually flying into Dulles, being that I live in the D.C. area ;) She's got her Visa (10 year one). I run a game on the net, she codes for me, and she's visiting myself and some other admins of my game. I'm using this visit as an excuse to see the cubbies, while saying I"m "showing her around the US a little" OH! And she likes racing. Bought tix to the F1 race when it was there in Kuala Lumpur three years ago and was there for every day. So...guess who's going to 41 when I'm in town :D :D :D

Why would there be a holdup in O'Hare though? [/b][/quote]
Not so much O'Hare, just entering the country in general... Malaysia is a country of "interest" right now. Many links to terrorism and funding are linked to them and their citizens are I guess a bit of concern when entering. Not to say this girl has anything to do with it, but she might be held up for some more questions than the usual visitor. That ten year visa she has is a B1/B2 business/visitors visa.... she'll probally get a 6 month stay allowed.... all depends on the inspector she see's.

If she was coming through Chicago I could have at least checked up to she if she could have got through immigration fine. I'm sure she will be o.k. though. Good luck I hope it all goes well :)

O

Onyx Dragon

Originally posted by blitzu+May 25 2004, 12:48 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (blitzu @ May 25 2004, 12:48 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Onyx Dragon@May 24 2004, 04:32 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-blitzu
@May 23 2004, 08:40 AM
She's coming from Malaysia?? Umm, is she a Malaysian citizen?  Is she coming in through O'Hare??  If so what exact day and time?  She might have some complications being from Malaysia and also being her first time here.  Let me see if there might be a hold up and Ill get back to you.

Not so much O'Hare, just entering the country in general... Malaysia is a country of "interest" right now. Many links to terrorism and funding are linked to them and their citizens are I guess a bit of concern when entering. Not to say this girl has anything to do with it, but she might be held up for some more questions than the usual visitor. That ten year visa she has is a B1/B2 business/visitors visa.... she'll probally get a 6 month stay allowed.... all depends on the inspector she see's.

If she was coming through Chicago I could have at least checked up to she if she could have got through immigration fine. I'm sure she will be o.k. though. Good luck I hope it all goes well :) [/b][/quote]
BTW...you giving out rides in that GTO?? :D

Originally posted by Onyx Dragon+May 25 2004, 04:30 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Onyx Dragon @ May 25 2004, 04:30 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by blitzu@May 25 2004, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by Onyx Dragon@May 24 2004, 04:32 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-blitzu
@May 23 2004, 08:40 AM
She's coming from Malaysia?? Umm, is she a Malaysian citizen?  Is she coming in through O'Hare??  If so what exact day and time?   She might have some complications being from Malaysia and also being her first time here.  Let me see if there might be a hold up and Ill get back to you.

If she was coming through Chicago I could have at least checked up to she if she could have got through immigration fine. I'm sure she will be o.k. though. Good luck I hope it all goes well :)
BTW...you giving out rides in that GTO?? :D [/b][/quote]
Anytime you want :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info