3800 SPrINGS & STRUTS

tommmy3

Regular
Dec 19, 2008
So my 'check tire pressure ' guage was on and I didnt know why - It turns out that it was a back broken spring and strut. :( :angry:

so has anyone had to replace these on their car yet-
I looking to see if there are any other better ones out there than the factory OE. My mechanic told me that it is about $150 per strut and $50 per spring! does that seem high to anyone else?

I saw the koni package strut and spring combo on ZZP's website has anyone got that?

I asked him about the ones from PFYC and he said those were crap, but they are also 1/3 the price has anyone gotten these/

thanks for the help!
Im pissed its $600 I dont have right now!

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
We have a new set of performance struts on our website. They are approximetly 20% stiffer than stock and we have lowering springs (B+G) for as little as $199.99...

Be prepared to drop another $180 - $200 to change the strut mounts also. On my 80,000 mile 98' all four are shot.

D'oh!

Originally posted by Mike K@May 16 2004, 12:42 AM
We have a new set of performance struts on our website. They are approximetly 20% stiffer than stock and we have lowering springs (B+G) for as little as $199.99...

Be prepared to drop another $180 - $200 to change the strut mounts also. On my 80,000 mile 98' all four are shot.

D'oh!
do you have a link to the site where i can take a look at your products and pricing? the one in your sig is still under construction

thanks

--Adam

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
Originally posted by Mike K@May 16 2004, 12:42 AM

D'oh!
Gmpp kit slides right in......

Its really not that expensive when all you guys start to add the strut, springs, strut mounts, little crap etc........

Then you have to get a spring compressor and all that crap

Screw that........ :ph34r:

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
Originally posted by CoolGTX+May 18 2004, 04:28 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (CoolGTX @ May 18 2004, 04:28 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-RoyalGTP@May 18 2004, 01:39 AM
GMPP kit set to MAX with BMR F/R STBs and Potenza Re 950s!!!!! :D  :D
did you ever get the bad one replaced? [/b][/quote]
Im still working on it........I got so caught up with school and it sucks with only 2 AUTORIZED dealers in IL........

Then the bastards want you to schedual an apt like 2 weeks ahead of time just to check it out..........another week or 2 form there to gfix em........

I love them though.......one strut is just about an inch to high......

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info