3800 GOing to Canda!

alexgtp

TCG Elite Member
Aug 3, 2007
Visitor Requirements: U.S. Residents
Although a passport is the ideal identification, you do not require a passport or visa to enter Canada. Just make sure you carry identification to establish your citizenship such as a Birth Certificate and least one ID card with photo. If you are a naturalized U.S. citizen, you should carry this certificate. Permanent residents of the U.S.A. must bring their "Green Card".

Although it is rare, immigration officials may prevent the entry of visitors:

who appear to pose a health risk.
those they doubt will be able to support themselves and their dependents in Canada.
whose willingness and means to return to the U.S. is in doubt.
As well, those admissible to Canada must not have a criminal record. This includes any convictions for driving while intoxicated.

If you have questions about your admissibility to enter Canada, contact your nearest Canadian Embassy or Consulate for consultation.

Visitors from the U.S. who are not American Citizens
Permanent residents of the United States (anyone with a Green Card) do not need to carry a passport or travel documents to enter Canada.

Temporary residents of the United States (anyone who carries a Temporary Resident Card, Form 1-688, or Employment Authorization Card, 1-688A or 1-688B) must carry a passport and may also require a visa depending on their country of citizenship

Citizens of other countries who wish to enter Canada through the United States must also carry a valid passport and may require a visa, which they should obtain from a Canadian Embassy or Consulate outside Canada. Those in this category should check with an office of the U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service before they enter Canada.

Visitor Requirements: Travellers from Other Countries
International travellers may require a visa to enter or transit Canada. To see whether you require a visa, visit the Canada site for more information on visa requirements. International travellers who wish to find out about Canadian customs regulations should visit the Canada Customs and Revenue Agency website.

Entry into Canada for Foreign Nationals with Criminal Convictions or Equivalent
As of June 28, 2002, the implementation of the new Immigration and Refugee Protection Act changed the rules affecting the admissibility into Canada of foreign nationals who have criminal convictions in Canada or abroad or who have committed criminal acts outside Canada. These include offences that are considered criminal in Canada, such as driving while under the influence of a substance such as alcohol, even if the offence was not considered a felony or criminal offence in the country where it was committed.

For more information about these very important changes, download this Fact Sheet.

Travellers Bringing Children
Travellers visiting Canada with children should carry the following:

identification for each child similar to identification described for adults.
a letter of permission from the parents of any children accompanying them for whom they do not have legal custody
Please note: Divorced parents with shared custody rights should carry legal documents establishing their status. Unaccompanied children should carry a letter of permission from their parents or a legal guardian.

Studying or Working in Canada:
If you are planning to study or work in Canada, contact the nearest Canadian Embassy or Consulate for a copy of the brochure called Entering Canada to Study or Work.

I used to go to canada ALOT when I worked for my last company. I did not need my passport ever. If you have a picture ID (drivers license) and a copy of your birth cirtificate ( I never took that with me) you should be fine. BUT as Rocky suggests, if you have a passport, bring it. better safe than sorry.

oh.. if you go, smuggle some cuban cigars back!!! LOL :ph34r: :ph34r: :unsure: you can get them there :D :p :eek:

Aircal

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 10, 2008
Countryside
Real Name
Tom callahan
Originally posted by alexgtp@Apr 28 2004, 11:46 AM
Although it is rare, immigration officials may prevent the entry of visitors:

who appear to pose a health risk.
those they doubt will be able to support themselves and their dependents in Canada.
whose willingness and means to return to the U.S. is in doubt.
As well, those admissible to Canada must not have a criminal record. This includes any convictions for driving while intoxicated.

If these are reasons to keep you out there is no way they will let you in Alex! :eek: :p :D :lol: j/k!!!!!

Jebus man!! Why didn't you just ask me?????

LOL.

Are you flying or driving?

If you do fly and come back through chicago tell me... ill find you :)

All you need is Birth certificate and photo ID (drivers license preferred)

To get back into the states from the western hemisphere all you really need is a oral declaration stating you are a U.S. citizen, but driver's license and BC works also.

Tell me if you need anything else... you have a immigration expert remember :D

JET, that is crap, YOU DO NOT NEED a passport.... that inspector was a complete idiot. Tell him to F*ck off next time because you are a U.S. citizen, they have absolutely no jurisdiction over you to hold you outside the country. If they say otherwise they are completely wrong. ;)

Nice, have fun... border officers are not always the brightest... they usually only have a few inspectors at the port, and they are usually not that upto date on Immigration matters.

Most of them have never even done a case on someone and will be lucky to see over 100 people in a day, where as at a port like Chicago we will do 50 cases a day and process over 20,000 people.

Fun stuff, but enjoy those cannucks, and watch out for flying hockey pucks!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info