3800 Tornado/storm chasing

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
So, Im just curious who here loves to chase bad storm fronts and tornadoes. My friend and I have been doing it locally since we could drive. We've got caught in some pretty crazy stuff, but its fun as hell. Especially watching the funnel clouds jumping up and down. Anyone got any good stories? Am I alone? The only thing you need to remember is RainX, without it your just nuts going into a storm ;)

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
I love storms but unfortunetly we haven't had a decent one up here in the northwest burbs in about 5 years.

I remember in my senior year of highschool coming across what they thought was actually a tornado that touched down in Arlington Heights. I was in Niles at the time (working at Cash Converters for anyone that knows what that is :) ) and came home early when I saw all the news reports from Arlington Heights.

My typical 20 minute drive home turned to a 40 minute drive home. There were parts of Euclid avenue (a major street) blocked off by fallen trees for days.

I guess you could call me a sicko. As long as no one gets hurt I'm a fan of the carnage that comes along with bad weather.

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
The last tornado that we had went through Pekin, IL. It was pretty bad. We went out to look at the carnage that night and the day afterwards. A friend of ours had her separated garage in the front lawn. It was also used for storage, so there was lil kid stuff everywhere and old clothes. Then the power lines were sitting on another street we passed. It was pretty wicked. I think like 1-2 people died, which sucks, but thats part of life. Most of the time tornadoes touch around here, its in a farm field so not much chance to get hurt unless you are trying too.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info