3800 ILGPC / INTENSE TRACK DAY

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
if it's like most of the times i've been their ... expect a handful... i've never gotten more than 6 runs in at byron... I'll be racing 90% at US41 this year (as normal) and the rest of the time at GLD (since it's really close to me) ... I'm not anticipating giving Byron any money this year (other than spectating costs for the ILGPC event)

I

imported_Theautoguy

I went to Byron three times last year, once with ILGPC. The first trip, I got about 3 runs in. The next trip, I got about 12 runs in about 3 hours, it was relatively empty for a perfect Saturday. The last time was with ILGPC. I got 5 runs and had a great time. For Byron, it's all about what's going on there that weekend. For me, it's about 25 minutes from my house, the perfect distance for the computer to adjust to 104 octane.

I

imported_Theautoguy

You know, I never understood the Sunday thing either. You have a great, fun day at the track and then all you get to say is, "I gotta go, gotta work tomarrow!" What a way to end a great day...I would rather find a place to hang out, eat and/or grill and then cruise without having to worry about making it home for work the next morning. If it were a Saturday, I can offer my house for an after-party. I have two grills, a beer fridge, lots of crashing space, air tools, a hot tub and I can fit up to 10 cars unto my driveway, of course, two of the space will be for my cars. I can further fit another dozen or so along the street in front!

Dream

Addict
Nov 20, 2008
Joliet, IL
Last year when we had our track day at Byron, I think the guys were only able to get in a few practice runs before the brackets....and even those took forever and a day cuz all the drag cars were spilling stuff on the track....I think it's too late of notice to rent a track for a Saturday, but maybe for the next one consider doing us 41 on Saturday, then maybe hit Lp's shop for grilling and stuff sat night and sunday.

Just an idea. :)

ok.. the race days that I have coordinated have been at BYRON and have been on SUNDAYS for the past 4 events. The last one, we had 58 cars RACING. that is ALOT more then most events around here! I have not heard people complain in the past about the turnout, the fun, the prizes... etc....
Is Byron a busy track?? Yes.... but it also has the best track around and the best traction around and the best people around.... I have set ALL my 60` PB`s out there at byron.... I have never even come close anywhere else... Even the infamous Norwalk...

now... here is the scoop for renting a track.... US41 will only rent on weekdays and saturdays.... HOW many of you will show up on a weekday??
Now, to rent the track on saturday... it will cost 100 per hour PLUS 300 for the day PLUS a 300$ deposit. minimum of 3 hours....

If someone else wants to coordinate this, then go for it.... I dont have a problem with it.
actually I think someone else should. I really dont think I am into it right now anyway. :(

Just let me know ASAP so I can call Ron and cancel our slot out at Byron....

superchargedgp

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Originally posted by 12secGTP@Apr 18 2004, 09:59 PM
ok.. the race days that I have coordinated have been at BYRON and have been on SUNDAYS for the past 4 events. The last one, we had 58 cars RACING. that is ALOT more then most events around here! I have not heard people complain in the past about the turnout, the fun, the prizes... etc....
Is Byron a busy track?? Yes.... but it also has the best track around and the best traction around and the best people around.... I have set ALL my 60` PB`s out there at byron.... I have never even come close anywhere else... Even the infamous Norwalk...

now... here is the scoop for renting a track.... US41 will only rent on weekdays and saturdays.... HOW many of you will show up on a weekday??
Now, to rent the track on saturday... it will cost 100 per hour PLUS 300 for the day PLUS a 300$ deposit. minimum of 3 hours....

If someone else wants to coordinate this, then go for it.... I dont have a problem with it.
actually I think someone else should. I really dont think I am into it right now anyway. :(

Just let me know ASAP so I can call Ron and cancel our slot out at Byron....
i'm not complaining about prizes, fun or turnout. I just think that we should have more track time for 30 bucks that you pay. it comes out to 10 dollars a run :( not cool

J.E.T.

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
actually I think someone else should. I really dont think I am into it right now anyway.

Chrys, if you need help - let me know. I'd be glad to give you a hand in making calls or what-not. But you're definately the man to put this all together again this year! So keep up the good work!

J.E.T.
'97 Red GTP - AKA Tea Kettle

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info