3800 Anyone race a Maxima on I90?

• Thread starter imported_Diavolo
  • Start date
I

imported_Diavolo

http://www.clubgp.com/newforum/tm.asp?m=13...tmode=1&smode=1

Was this anyone?

This is off a Nissan board, copy and paste job. This happened on the 90W in Chicago, IL yesterday at about 530pm...

It was bound to happen, I like to pick on the GTP's up top, and knew eventually it was gonna come back.

Driving home today on a three-wide x-way. I see a nice black 2dr GTP with nice canister dual's, his exhaust note was wicked, never heard a GTP sound like his. Tints all around.

I was in lane 2 (middle), and he was ahead of me. He is about 4 car lengths ahead of me at this point. Anyway, once lane 3 opens up, I hammer it and quickly change into lane 3. A split second later, he also swings into lane 3 and gets on it (I can hear his wicked exhaust note).

As he gets on it, I distinctly notice a thick puff of BLACK smoke come out of both his exhausts, and I'm unable to get any closer than 2 car lengths, even with my jump... I get a bad feeling...

He's holding me off real good. At about the time I shift to 3rd (78mph), I see another puff of black smoke, and he starts to walk me. To 100 mph, he puts a car length and a half on me and shuts down because of traffic ahead.

I figure he downshifted when he got on it, and shifted into his 3rd gear also (they are 4spd auto's right?)...I have mad respect for GM's blown pushrod V6's...I just have never been trounced like that by a GTP, dayum!

I tried to get next to him, I wanted for him to roll the window and tell me what he has run before, since it was heavy traffic ahead, no dice. Damn!!

Addendum. I love to get next to GTP's at the track or street, dig or roll, because you guys always want to go, just as much as I do. I realize the awesome potential of the GTP's, and have the utmost respect for them. The torque rush is brutal in your cars! Keep racing ! 

< Message edited by Ferbs02SMMax -- 4/6/2004 12:23:02 PM >

Ferbs
Sterling Mist
02 Nissan Maxima Auto
Best et and trap 14.764 @ 94.48 2.28 60'
Best 60'2.195 - Sumitomo HTR+

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info