3800 Speaker question...

VHGTP

Regular
Nov 10, 2008
i dont know to much about speakers so here it is... i dont really want to go with subs for 3 reasons: #1 too much weight #2 takes up to much space in trunk and #3 they are too expensive. so i have decided to just replace my stock 6x9's in the back with some better quality ones that will still put out some good bass. i dont have the Bose system so i have the CD deck with the EQ controls on it. some input on this would be greatly appreciated!! thanks!

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
I've been out of the audi world for a lil, but I have Polk Audio speakers and they have a decent bass to them. On some good songs, it will rattle my rear-view mirror. I also have a JVC head unit. So it may be a little of both. But at the time I was buying, I was told that Polk was a good sounding speaker with bass.

VHGTP

Regular
Nov 10, 2008
Originally posted by 98 gtp toy@Apr 6 2004, 01:08 AM
I've been out of the audi world for a lil, but I have Polk Audio speakers and they have a decent bass to them. On some good songs, it will rattle my rear-view mirror. I also have a JVC head unit. So it may be a little of both. But at the time I was buying, I was told that Polk was a good sounding speaker with bass.
where did you get these from?

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
I bought mine off of www.crutchfield.com . I dont know which polk audio speaker I have, but I'm sure things have changed. But they have a 6x9 pair on there for 150. I have had mine for over two years, and for about a year the were amped to go with my sub. Since then I have sold the sub and amps, and the speakers still sound good. Never had a problem with them.

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
Power them up with a small amp and that will solve everything.

Dont put new speakers in without a small amp working them...that a no no.

Might as well get what you paid for.....

I did that with kenwood excellons about 4 years ago of a 45 what RMS head unit and it was pretty damm good........till I put a small amp up to them and the hit real hard......

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info