3800 Who has a spring compressor???

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
I have a topside compressor and one you use when the heads are off....Your not removing the heads are you?
I also have the copressed air fitting you thread in the spark plug hole you use to hold the valves up when your changing the springs with the heads on the engine.
PM or call me if you need it. 773-791-3545....Rob

Good luck Lisa

I

imported_snoop

lisa, just let hale do it then. i have done 6 cam installs and i am pretty comfortable with doing them. i know what i am doing, and i dont need to talk to anybody about doing a job i am very familiar with. so just forget about it ok. there is no hard feeling at all and i hope you are not mad or whatever, but damn, this is ridiculous. good luck :( :unsure:

Dreamcat78

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
Rolling Meadows
dont take things the wrong way shaun....i told hale what i needed to order what u told me to order and he said there was no need to pull the heads I am not knocking your work and i want you to install it....everyone is confusing me ....how do you think i feel when i dont know anything about cams?
if you dont want to do it now i understand....
sorry JO i dont have $850 for intense to install my cam and TC:(

I

imported_snoop

the only reason why you are confussed lisa, is because you asked me to do the cam for you and then took what i said and went to hale and asked him for advice. i do things my way, and he does thing his way. that is why you are confused. it sounded like you wanted to make sure i knew what i was talking about, so you took my words and brought them to hale to get an ok. that is the only reason. this whole thing is funny to me. i understand in a way though. i mean i have only met you 1 time and that was it. that is why i gave you my #, so that you can call me if you where worried about anything at all. ANYTHING. i understand if you dont know anything about a cam. that is another reason for me giving you my #. i just wanted to make you feel comfortable with this whole thing. this is a big job, and i can understand that you are worried. but instead of calling me and asking me, you went to hale.

Dreamcat78

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
Rolling Meadows
just to clarify me going to hale i didnt go to him to see if he approved....I was at hooters in my car when i called you we all met up for dinner that night and he was there after i got off the phone so i was telling him my situation with having to buy the new parts and thats when he told me about the heads.....and if anyone i asked questions to it was scott from intense and i am not going to him cuz i dont have the $ for his installation prices...so please dont think that i ran to hale cuz he has enough of his own car problems! sorry to upset you but i just wanted to do what is right and i was never questioning your work ..

gtphale

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Aurora
She just asked me my opinion on the install. And said she needed to get head gaskets,bolts,and some other things. Told her its nuts to spend the extra cash on those parts that aren't needed. I have no time to do her cam install so i'm glad she din't ask me to do it. I'm in the process of building my car right now and hoping to get the silver car up and running for IDD still.

Snoop don't take it the wrong way I think Lisa has total confidense in your work,and that is why she asked you to do it. Just after Jeff's install I think she is a little scared and needed the reassurance.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info