3800 2003 GT vs. debadged Camaro

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
Originally posted by iliveonnitro@Mar 30 2004, 06:39 PM
Arent the auto V8 camaro's only like mid/high 14 sec cars?  Not the SS..
definetly not 14s... auto LS1 F-Bodies (wether a formula, Trans Am, Firehawk, Z28 or SS ... ) are mid to low 13s (13.4/3.5) w/the sticks being a tenth or two faster ... my car ran a best of 12.85 w/a different driver w/just a hypertech power programmer, K&N filter, Air Lid and Granatelli MAF back in 01 ... that was stock tire stock torque converter (but very cold out and light weight driver)

It's not uncommon to see a stock A4 run even as low as 13.3 w/the M6 running 13.1/13.2 ... and with just a lid, filter and free mods 12.99 is achievable with either...

LT1s are mid to low 14s

The SS package is basically apperance... the extra price you pay for it isn't worth it... same goes for WS6 or Firehawk (if I knew that when I bought my car i'd have gotten a trans am, pocketed the 3G for the WS6 upgrade and put a WS6 hood on later) ... the extra performance features these upgrades add is MAYBE a tenth... but even that's prolly giving them too much ... (since anyone out there that races does basically the same performance mods that are on the WS6, firehawk, SS etc... sa their first mods)

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Originally posted by horist+Mar 30 2004, 06:58 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (horist @ Mar 30 2004, 06:58 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-iliveonnitro@Mar 30 2004, 06:39 PM
Arent the auto V8 camaro's only like mid/high 14 sec cars?  Not the SS..
definetly not 14s... auto LS1 F-Bodies (wether a formula, Trans Am, Firehawk, Z28 or SS ... ) are mid to low 13s (13.4/3.5) w/the sticks being a tenth or two faster ... my car ran a best of 12.85 w/a different driver w/just a hypertech power programmer, K&N filter, Air Lid and Granatelli MAF back in 01 ... that was stock tire stock torque converter (but very cold out and light weight driver)

It's not uncommon to see a stock A4 run even as low as 13.3 w/the M6 running 13.1/13.2 ... and with just a lid, filter and free mods 12.99 is achievable with either...

LT1s are mid to low 14s

The SS package is basically apperance... the extra price you pay for it isn't worth it... same goes for WS6 or Firehawk (if I knew that when I bought my car i'd have gotten a trans am, pocketed the 3G for the WS6 upgrade and put a WS6 hood on later) ... the extra performance features these upgrades add is MAYBE a tenth... but even that's prolly giving them too much ... (since anyone out there that races does basically the same performance mods that are on the WS6, firehawk, SS etc... sa their first mods) [/b][/quote]
That and the Formula looks WAAAAAY cooler IMO. :D

BlkJak

Regular
Jan 19, 2009
La Salle
:ph34r: Been asking around and found that it was a 6 cyl and the kid has been talking all kinds of shit about his car being quick. Turns out there was a group of cars in a parking lot along the road I was on at the time and he had just been there talking shit, and they saw the whole thing go down. Needless to say, that kid has been told that if a Grand Prix :angry: can beat him, he should consider shutting his trap. I didn't like the "Grand Prix" comment, but he got the point none the less. But to the point...... I need more speed!!!!!! Rockers are next!!!!!! LOL....... :lol:

00GTPSC

Addict
Dec 20, 2008
Yeah i read somewhere that a bone stock 98 Z28 Camaro did 13.3 in the 1/4. My dad had a 98 Formula and all he did was a SLP intake, borla exhaust and a hotchkis(thinks that's how you spell it) Stabalizer bar. and he hit 12.9. And Horist, My buddies got a 95 Firehawk, beautiful car. it's #665 and it's 1 of 20 with red on red leather. Come out with us sometime over the summer and check it out. I've been tellin my buddies about your sweet ass car to.

jim

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Originally posted by horist+Mar 30 2004, 11:06 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (horist @ Mar 30 2004, 11:06 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Fish@Mar 30 2004, 07:49 PM
That and the Formula looks WAAAAAY cooler IMO.  :D
pfft ... formula looks like a V6 :D :) :p

now a WS6 formula.... or a formula firehawk.... (these do exist but very few out there... ) [/b][/quote]
Formula Firehawks are sweet. :D

But I still like the regular Formula looks. Am I a 6, or an 8?? :D :D :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info