3800 Coolant flush/change

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
its a tough issue.....some people really like the orange stuff, some dont.

It depends on who you ask.

I know a guy who rebuilds engines and he says the orange stuff keeps the coolant passages inside the engine very clean as compared to the green stuff.

Sure it mucks up a bit but is not a problem with me.

iliveonnitro

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Schaumburg, IL
Originally posted by dole21@Mar 29 2004, 12:24 PM
my friend works at a dealer and he switches his out to the green stuff right after he bought his car. He said the orange is more corrosive :blink:
^^That's why I was wondering about switching. But I dont want it to void my warranty.

Sure it's not as poisonous and is more environmentally safe...but I think I would rather protect my biggest investment more than the environment, especially when 90% of cars on the road run the green stuff anyways.

GMcarguy

Dec 28, 2008
Both coolants are ethylene-glycol based and one of the major advantages to dex-cool is the extended life. There are many chemicals that prevent corrosion in standard anti-freeze which break down quickly. With dex-cool, these chemicals have an extended life through Organic Acid Technology, or something like that.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info