3800 gmpartsdirect.com

i was looking on gmpartsdirect.com and came accross a brake upgrade kit that they have to offer. Brake upgrade kit is this kit worth the $$? according to the description it comes with everything you would need to upgrade to the 11.9" rotors (unless im missing something) and its only $225. anyone try this kit out?like/dislike it? let me know, im thinking of purchasing it. thanks!

--Adam

lee3gtp

Feb 22, 2008
I assuming any upgrade on the brakes would be good, but after tax and shipping you're looking at about 324. Its seems like alot of the club members go with slotted or the combo slotted and crossdrilled set but you still would have to find the brackets and calipers. The GM upgrade is a good deal if your not interested on the look of a performance Rotors. Say if you had aftermarket wheels to show them off.

LowenhartGTP

Jan 8, 2008
He doesn't need calipers, he reuses his own. Adam, like Fredo said, the best deal in going with this setup is getting the brackets from a junk yard. If you would like, I could provide you with a junk yard that should have the brackets you need. This is the route I took. I paid $20 each, and that's for the caliper, bracket, and bolts. Right there you have already saved $60, and that's not including the ludicrous shipping that GMPD.com charges. After that, it's just what kind of rotors and pads your going with.

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
Well, unless I am mistaken the gmpp upgrade is solely for the front brakes. So if you want to upgrade just the fronts then I would look into the 12" F-body upgrade kit offered by ratracer on the national board. Here is a link

http://www.clubgp.com/newforum/tm.asp?m=12...&key=&language=

$160 is definitely a good price. Ratracer disappeared for a while, but got everything sorted out and is shipping the kits out pretty quickly now. So I would look into that, if I were looking for a front brake upgrade.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info