3800 I'm a little annoyed with Europe

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
Ok, so I was bored on my break the other day at work, and read the paper. I came across an article about the bombs that went off in spain. As I am reading it, I am thinking, oh man this sucks. This is sort of 911ish. Then the article finishes with some plummeting stock stuff. So then today, I am on break again and read the paper. Another article about the bombings. Only this one is talking about the 11 million people in europe that marched to mourn the lost lives. And this is where I get annoyed. It took some quotes from people, talking about how they wanted the terrorist dead, the wanted revenge. How his is a horrible tragedy that needs to be revenged immediately. WTF....Yes, horrible tragedy, 202 people were killed and 1400 injured...but lets go back to hmmmm....9/11/01 when 2752 people died. And what happened.....we got mad and went after terrorist. As we are trying to get our revenge, we are torn apart and looked down upon by most of the european countries. And now after they realize that it can hit their home, they mass 11 million people in a march, one day after the attacks. It took them all of one day to change an entire continent's mind about terrorists. I guess it goes to show, that the americans are outcasts.

So that is my view on the whole situation. Maybe I am wrong, maybe I am not. But I would like to see everyone else's opinion on the situation. Or if I am just over analyzing the whole thing. Let me know if you think I am way off too :)

Also, they mentioned that al-queda had their attack on america plan 90% done. Anyone scared? Personally I live in the middle of a corn field for 75% of the year and next to a cornfield for the other 25%, so I am not too worried about personal harm. Thoughts.

Just thought we needed a political debate/session on the forum ;)

dsk727

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Minneapolis MN
I agree with you on most points. It suks that other countries can't see the harm terrorists do until it has to happen to their country. But what can you do?
I don't think terrorists will ever be gone completely as there are always people who will not like certain elected leaders or governments. Again, what can you do, can't please everyone.

As for the new attack on america plan by al-queda.... that stuff worries me a lot, I try not to read about it too much. But then again I worry about everthing. I guess if I lived in the middle of no where I wouldn't be scared, living so close to chicago freaks me out, wondering why this city has never been targeted when it is what the 3rd largest city in US.. kinda scary.

But again, what can you do... can't live everyday worring about terrorist attacks. But I can do little things, like think about getting a new job where I am not surrounded by millions of gallons of hazordous and flammable chemicals everyday.

Denise :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list