3800 Unwanted boost....could this be the bypass valve?

AutoDummy

Nov 26, 2008
During highway cruising I've noticed that I get a single bar of boost on the DIC with very little throttle input. The Autometer boost gauge shows 6-10 In Hg of vacuum when this occurs. My scanner revealed that I am getting 0.1 PSI of boost at this point. Boost is normal under/over 6-10 In Hg. I did do the "boost bypass mod" awhile ago, but went back to the stock setting shortly after. It has been several months since I did that. I'm a little puzzled that the DIC and my scanner show the 0.1 psi of boost, but the AM gauge does not.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Trust the gauge, the DIC and Autotap pull it's reading from the MAP sensor. The MAP and your add on guage pull the mechanical signal from the same line. If anything, sounds like the MAP has a problem. To check it, pull the vac line from the map sensor and plug it and check out the reading again.

AutoDummy

Nov 26, 2008
With the engine at normal operating temp, the MAP reads 8.59 at idle. With the vacuum line off and both ends plugged, the MAP signal reads 27.54. If I had to put a time frame on when this problem began, I would have to say it was right after I installed headers and the EGR simulator. The sim does tap into the MAP....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• A
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list