3800 GI: group buy

• Thread starter imported_Ron Vogel
  • Start date
I

imported_Ron Vogel

I'm not getting one since I have the FWI, and now my custom CAI, but...
This would be a smooth 3.5" ID silicone impregnated fabric coupler from the TB to the stock airbox/CAI. I can get them in colors too! I've got a qout out with someone for these if there's enough interest we can have these made custom. I already use couplers from this company, and the quality is excellent. Their link is: www.turbohoses.com soon as I have pricing I'll post it here.
Ron

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Sorry, pics...

Also, these will be CUSTOM made to fit our cars. I've asked for a 30 degree bend with one 3 inch leg, and one 5" leg. The longer leg will be a "hump" hose to allow engine movement. The shorter leg will have the IAT fitting.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Originally posted by J.E.T.@Mar 8 2004, 02:53 PM
So if you have an MSP, SLP or Thrasher box, this will directly replace the f-duct?

Please put me down for (1) red coupler.

J.E.T.
'97 Red GTP
Yup. I gave them approximate dimentions though. I'll need to measure a few different ducts to make sure this will work for everyone before an order goes in. Do these different CAI's come with a new duct, or do you have to use the stocker?

Along these lines: If anyone has a stock F-duct I can use for this proto it would be great. If I need to send it to them, it may not come back though. I'd do it, but my was hacked up 2 years ago.

J.E.T.

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
The MSP and the SLP system use the standard stock f-duct. However, I am uncertain of the Thrasher. I THINK it is a custom duct. Someone with a Thrasher please chime in.

I've got an f-duct for you to measure that you can borrow.

J.E.T.
'97 Red GTP

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Got the qoute; holy shit! The tooling cost is $500, for a new design it's a minumum order of 50 pc. At a 50pc qty it's $100per pc. So the order needs to be $5500! I'm not done with this yet, I'll have to see the stock piece, revise the qoute, then shop around to different vendors for the best price to give me some leverage.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info