3800 Home Depot underbody lighting

I have always been very picky about underbody lighting. I like the glow on the ground but I ablsolutely can not stand it when you can see the bulb PERIOD DOT. That having been said, I have DIY underbodies on my car. I have had a 300W power inverter that just sits in my cars cubby under the ashtray for when I A-Tap my car. This is what I did. I went to Wally world bought 2 sets of RED rope lights. They come with mounting clips to be mounted to walls etc. There is a channel that runs the length of the car between the wheels under the lower rocker moulding. I drilled holes installed the clips snapped the rope light in ran the the wire in thru the grommet on the passenger side floor board. I carefully routed the lighting around the rear wheel area and across the rear axle to the other side and down the rocker on that side. I used black electrical tape to block off the light in the areas of the rope I didn't want it lighting. all in all it is a very clean install, you cant see the rope lights because of there small diameter. They are not as bright as neons but then my total investment (if you want to include the inverter I already had) was $70 $50 for the inverter, $20 for the rope lights.

Like I said I like underbody lights, but am VERY PICKY about it.

Oh Yeah and those "Florescent bulbs were just plain GAY. cant wait till a rock hits one and blows it out in a million pieces on the freeway. :eek:

You know its bad when you are gettin bashed on by other ricers :lol: :lol:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info