3800 HELP! 2 lug studs stripped!

gtphale

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Aurora
Actually the fronts are a pain to replace. I had to do some heating with a torch and use a 3lb sledge to get it out. The rears may be easier with the smaller brake pad and caliper plus the brake shield might not be as big not sure. but they just press out and hammer in. I just got them started with a hammer and then put the lug nut on to pull it through the rest of the way.

gtphale

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Aurora
not sure about chrome lug nuts the ones for my 17's are called chrome but donthave any shine to them.I have the silver chrome looking caps on my stock wheels and they have stayed on so far. Going on like two years I believe. I can get a pic of them and post here tonight when I get home.

AutoDummy

Nov 26, 2008
You won't have any problem getting chrome aftermarket lugs. I use the chrome lugs that I bought with my 18s on my torque stars with no problems. I got my set from Discount Tire; I think Gorilla is the brand. They are theft deterrent lugs and come with a matched socket that everyone seems to have, which makes no sense. Anyway, I've seen them in JC Whitney catalog also. Pretty much any place that sells aftermarket wheels should be able to hook you up.

rjaz gtp

TCG Elite Member
Feb 10, 2008
Naperville
I got my chrome lugs at Discount Tire. I bought 16 regular chrome lugs and a box of four chrome locking lugs so no one ganks your dubs! (It came with the locking key of course) I think it all came to about $40-50 for everything which isnt bad cause you never have to use those stupid plastic caps anymore...

Here is a pic of my brothers car with the same setup, its a little hard to see:

240769_51_full.jpg

-Rich

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
just make sure you put on some hi temperature grease everytime you change you lug nuts or do a brake job.

It hurts me to watch some of these people with rusty ass bolts and lug nuts try to force and muscle the lug nut on. Put on some grease and make it easier on yourself.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info