3800 Vibrations after spring installation

ThaLord

TCG Elite Member
Dec 2, 2008
Cicero
an allignment is needed, but will not fix that problem.. I am also having that problem, even after the alignment... it has something to do with changing a bolt to a different size.. look it up on *sigh* clubgp.. there are articles about it... I found the solution for it.. just never did it yet..

HUNTERDOG

Addict
Jan 26, 2008
I have the same problem with mine. I have GMPP/Koni's with Eibachs. I had an alignment and I removed the spacer from my sway bar links and installed shorter bolts (one of the supposed fixes) but it is still there. My GTP has over 60k on it and I think it is the axle shafts. They ride at one angle for 60k and then you change it the bearings are going to be sitting differently and will most likely cause a vibration. I don't know if I am 100% right but it seems logical. I thought about getting different axles but any reman will probably have the same wear pattern and new units are big $. I will just live with it for now, mine isn't to bad.

CoolGTX

let sleeping dogs lie
Nov 17, 2008
Hotel 4 Dogs
Real Name
J/O
check the angle of the sway bar, it must be level, I had vibrations till I leveled out the sway bar, and all is well.. :D

GMPP springs(1 inch drop on my car), on stock struts,52K today. :) BTW, I now have the anti-pogo thingys on, and Ride is much better(ive only got them on the front)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info