3800 street bike

iliveonnitro

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Schaumburg, IL
Gas prices are suppose to soar, and i can barely afford gas as it is, so I'm looking into buying a motorcycle.

I dont care for speed so much, but I do car for it to be light. I'm looking for 250-350lbs wet if possible. I want reliability, but cost, and weight are very important too. Speed could probably hurt, but the faster it is, the better :)

Anyone have any knowledge on what would fit me good?

I

imported_Ron Vogel

For a small street bike the SV600 is pretty good. Since I'm tall I like the bigger bores, I have a ZX9R. You'll get a smoother ride out of a heavy bike, which is nicer for long rides. Out of the sportbikes, I'd say stick with a CBR600. You can get them used unmodified pretty reasonably.

burtgtp1973

TCG Elite Member
Jan 20, 2009
Bourbonnais Illinois
i have a 96 Yamaha YZF600R for sale ... Vance & Hines pipe carbon fiber turn signals, front and rear ... brand new rubber on the back ... the bike has 11,xxxmiles that is pretty low milage for a 96 . i am advertising it locally for 3500 plastics are in good shape the only thing the bike needs is brake pads which will be before the bike is sold . ...... the only thing i would suggest is to check ins, before you buy anything ... sportbikes are somewhat difficult to insure for young people .

S

sr71_rgl

If you're looking for cheap, reliable transportation Honda is the way to go. They have the best rep for build quality and reliabilty even for their older bikes (>8yrs). You can't go wrong with a used Honda. Look for a shadow, magna or interceptor. These are all fun bikes that can be had in good shape for less than $3k. You're not going to find much lighter than 400-500lbs. If you want a super light bike go w/the Honda cbr600. Ones in good shape can be found for less than $3500.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• I
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list