3800 Me vs. SL55

sweetness

Addict
Nov 12, 2008
So driving home from work tonight I ran into an AMG SL55 who was driving kind of fast. (55 in a 40) So i caught up to him, and put the car in second so he would hear me. He did.... he floored it and just blew my ass out of the water. I knew I was dead to begin with, but DAMN is that thing fast. When I finally caught up to him he dropped his car down a gear, and then turned, smiled and took off again.

BC

Umm yeah... you just bumped into a supercharged 5.5 liter 24 vavle V-8 with 493 HP and 516lbs of torque with a starting price tag of $120,770.00, I would hope for that price the car would spread wings, have a rocket engine pop out of the trunk and gold flakes come out when it takes off.

Those things run mid 12's... don't be ashamed that a over priced rich mans caddy beat you. It must have been nice to see an equivilant of a house on wheels roll by you though.

sweetness

Addict
Nov 12, 2008
It sounded bad ass. but kind of subdued for an engine with that much power, and no,i didn't hang for even a second. I heard the engine kick up and then he was 100ft in front of me. I was ASTOUNDED how fast it was. I knew it was fast, but it ws much quicker than i figured it would be.

BC

S

sr71_rgl

Originally posted by sweetness@Feb 26 2004, 06:49 PM
I was ASTOUNDED how fast it was. I knew it was fast, but it ws much quicker than i figured it would be.

BC
It was the sedan too right? I read sometime ago that just swapping on the cat back from the coupe onto the sedan bumps hp over 500 and tq to damn near 600. Truly awesome, high end car.

VHGTP

Regular
Nov 10, 2008
Originally posted by sr71_rgl+Feb 26 2004, 07:59 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sr71_rgl @ Feb 26 2004, 07:59 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-sweetness@Feb 26 2004, 06:49 PM
I was ASTOUNDED how fast it was.  I knew it was fast, but it ws much quicker than i figured it would be.

BC
It was the sedan too right? I read sometime ago that just swapping on the cat back from the coupe onto the sedan bumps hp over 500 and tq to damn near 600. Truly awesome, high end car. [/b][/quote]
the E55 AMG is the 4 door sedan, i think (but am not positive) that the SL is the two door version with the same engine. for some reason they both have the exact same engine and blower but the 4 door has 469 hp and the coupe has 493... i bet the coupe just has a more open/aggressive exhaust which accounts for the hp difference.

VHGTP

Regular
Nov 10, 2008
i was staring at the E55 AMG for like a half hour at the auto show. it was a shiny ass black one up on a pedestal. i cant believe how much of a sleeper that thing is... looks just like a regular E55 except for bigger wheels and dual/dual exhaust. i wonder what the faces of the people driving Vettes and Cobras would look like when you smoke the crap out of them in a 4 door Merc!! :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info