3800 Where do I run the wire

you can punch thru the grommet that the steering column goes thru the firewall. That is what I used.
also there is a grommet just left of the center of the firewall about halfway down. you can punch thru that too.
if you use that one, you will want to go from the engine compartment into the cab with the wires since it is right behind the hvac system and it is a Biznotch to get your hands back there to feed the other direction.

HTH

iliveonnitro

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Schaumburg, IL
I'm not sure if I should be telling anyone this or not.

But that rubber grommet was BITCH for me, and even ripped part of it off when I tried to use pliars...there was no getting through it for me.

Soooo, I drilled a hole right above my exhaust about 1/4" wide, straight into the bottom of my floorboard, under my drivers side carpeting. Works wonders.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Well, thanks to Hale, I have connection to the PCM, but it still wont work. :( I am thinking that I either dont have a good connection from the shifter button to the wires, or the button on the shifter could be bad. Then again, maybe I have the wires plugged in the wrong way on the shifter. Is that possible??

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info