3800 DHP pcm on a GT?

Scott P

Jan 22, 2008
I think I may be actually modding my GT finally. I just got a set of 1.9 rockers for a good price. I have a set of manifolds to port and possibly coat. I have a downpipe that needs to be put on as well. I guess a DHP would be the next logical step.

Charles! Come to IDDV will ya! I wanna flash! :D

well im thinkin of getttin it when im done with my car..which will be late srping early summer....im thinkin of getttin the DHP PCM, with a Thrasher Shift kit....I think that will make even more difference in shifting...hoping I get all this by the summer and this time IM gonna be hittin IDDV....at least with rockers, DHP, CAI,Shift kit, and the exhaust + N E one know if they have a good exhaust for sale some that sounds good and gives me some good performance?.. :p HUEY :p

iliveonnitro

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Schaumburg, IL
Go through Jim at James Dean Muffler and Brake, he's done a TON of exhausts for our cars and is really good from what I hear. I was gonna get mine from him tomorrow, except my car had to be towed to the fucking dealer for a gay PASS KEY 3 problem...POS.

Anyways, he says a cat-back is ~$225 IIRC including mufflers. It will vary with which mufflers and tips. Performance for a cat-back on our cars isnt much of a problem beyond the u-bend. A stock exhaust can flow fine into the upper 12s, so by getting a cat-back, you're only changing sound for the most part with a very very slight performance gain. Go with what sounds best, most of the members can vouch for magnaflow ultraflow welded or flowmasters.

All you really need done for your exhaust is get the downpipe and the u-bend removed. Saving weight is the name of the game for GT's, so I would recommend also removing the resonator.

BTW, I have a DHP and I'm forced to run 93 octane due to my cam and stuff.

dole21

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
South Carolina
Originally posted by iliveonnitro@Feb 21 2004, 12:55 PM

Anyways, he says a cat-back is ~$225 IIRC including mufflers. It will vary with which mufflers and tips. Performance for a cat-back on our cars isnt much of a problem beyond the u-bend.
really....cool. for some reason i was thinking like 500. i have tips already waiting to go on...whoohoo..i know what i'm doing tuesday now.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info