Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ThaLord

TCG Elite Member
Dec 2, 2008
Cicero
According to the customer subscriber agreement... NO, you can not

Section 5 Article f:

Comcast will provice you with a dynamic Internet Protocol address as a componenet of the Service and these IP addresses can and do change over time. You will not alter, modify, or tamper with these dynamic IP adresss or those of any other customer. You agree not to use a dynamic domain name server or DNS to associate a host name with the dynamic IP address.

Shortened 'cause I don't feel like typing it all... they don't want you to run servers... cause they will suck up all the bandwidth.. can you.. yes.. if they find out.. they might terminate your account...

They also state via

Section 8 Article (i):

not a quote.. but.. it says that if you do run a server, you are responsible for anything that happens, meaning the normal scape goat wouldn't work... if you were attacked by viruses, and it was sending a virus out.. which can, and does happen... (anyone remember Code Red)

in essence.. don't run a server... I will run a small server.. for different things.. and I think if I don't make it public, they will never find out...

but my DSL, will remain connected, and host my database for DVD's and stuff, and they don't care...

so.. the cliff notes are.. you can run a server, but if they find out, they might terminate your account..

Thread Info