stupid question plz dont flame

gojo83

Regular
Jun 11, 2009
Cheyenne WY
I am getting a stg 3 cam for free and looking to squeeze a few more hp out of it would it be worth it or hell even doable to run slightly longer pushrods to get a little more lift out of the rockers. I snagged a set of 1.6 from a buddy for dirt cheap and looking to see if there is a way to get them closer to 1.7 ratio. I have stg 3 zzp heads that I got dirt cheap also just looking to get this done as cheap as possible. I am seriously asking I cant find legit info and I know we have some smart people in this section. goal is 365-375whp and 400+ wtq. Car already has a rep so might as well turn the wick up a bit more.

gojo83

Regular
Jun 11, 2009
Cheyenne WY
2.25 gen v ic, gen v, ported lim N* lq4 currently 1.8 HS rr, 3.2 and 20* at wot, paceshitter headers, PLX WB and HPT, PRJ rails, full suspension and some weight reduction. I think it would be upper 280s whp currently but I have ARP head studs and double roller waiting to go with the cam and stg 3 heads with O/s valves 130# springs and a place to run a wet shot. I have 42.5# injectors currently but also have 60# on the shelf so i can run corn. Looking for a 2.8 to go with this setup. i think with corn a 2.8 could be ran at almost 20-21* wot.

im pretty sure the lifter will just take up the extra length and it will cause premature failure of the lifter

Yeah, I don't think you can change lift with pushrod length, you'll just bend pushrods or the valves will never close or break other parts. 1.9 rockers, for the win...but you need to figure out what your total lift is going to be and make sure your timing chain setup, and springs are strong enough, and that your retainers/valve seals have enough clearance for that much lift.

jdredd

Addict
Jan 29, 2014
as long as the head can take the lift.. just run the right springs with it, and
measure for proper length push rods and order a custom cut set.

That way can insure the rocker tip and geometry junk is all correct.

With no specs on the cam your using, i'd stick with the 1.6's and get the proper
pushrod lengths cut and call it a day.

gojo83

Regular
Jun 11, 2009
Cheyenne WY
Im looking to trade a xp for a s3 with a buddy and was looking to see if I could run just almost .600 lift which is the max lift allowed for besides accounting for the retainers and locks. Im mostly thinking out loud before I pull the trigger on looking heavily for a set of 1.7s but I am sure even with the 1.6 rollers I got off another buddy the difference will be night and day faster than a stock cam and head setup. Delivering pizzas as a side gig allows plenty of time for thinking things while driving to the destination.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info