3800 STUPID HDTV!!

alexgtp

TCG Elite Member
Aug 3, 2007
Well my pops just bought a PLASMA TV. This thing is absolutely beautiful!!.

Well I told my pops to truly enjoy this bad boy he should invest in getting the HDTV tuner from COMCAST.

Well I came home yesterday and low and behold a new motorola5900 cable box (HDTV capable tuner)

Well I turned on the TV and thought awesome I can watch C.S.I. in HDTV..Well I turned on the TV and wathced it.. Well needless to say I was not impressed.. I was like it looked only a little bit better.

Well I decided I would look at the way the tech had set it up.. Well he did not even connect the damn thing correctly.. I was like WTF!!

He had the video going thru an rca video connector.. You cant get HDTV qualithy thru that.,

SO I rewired this bad boy correctly connecting the Component video outputs and wired it to the receiver..conected the audio portion using digital out..

Well I sat down and watched that show after CSI about missing ppl.. OMG!!! The picture quality was intense..the sound amazing.. This is what TV is all about..
Than I popped in Gladiator..too see how well it handled DVD.. WOW!!

Well Now I am all addicted to this stupid HDTV trend. I even found a forum that I can spend the rest of my time on..LOL!!
www.HDTVOICE.COM

I went out and ordered a universal remote command center. (touchscreen remote)
It is a sony av3000.. This thing is bad ass. I was getting annoyed having to use 3 remotes to watch the TV!! Well with this controller you can use their macro functions to turn everything on at the same time.. How sweet is that..

Well more money down the tube.. I also bought some hi-end cables....

And after reading the new forum I found out that my TV is not optimally set.. So now I have to go home and set the picture to its optimal settings..LOL!!

ANother cple hours lost..

:D

G

GTPLEE

Originally posted by alexgtp@Feb 9 2004, 10:44 AM
YEah i guess it will only last 15-18 yrs. BUt luckily I founbd a place that tells you how to '... "TUNE" your T.V. for maximum life and how to prevent burn.

This will net this T.V about 4-6 yrs more. By than I think I will have my own DLP TV.. :)
Hey Alex you need to let me know about that I won my 42" plasma off a contest last year on BET just kept enter on line and then got confirmation about a month later.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info