3800 Help ASAP, car died

• Thread starter imported_Diavolo
  • Start date
I

imported_Diavolo

Car was fine all day. It started to stall a lot but that happens when my vacuum line comes off my MAP sensor. So I was goign to to fix that problem when I get home (happens once a week and usually isn't a problem) Well, then my ABS light came on and the steering felt very tight.

I made it about a mile when my car stalled on me again, I went to start it up and it idled for about 3 seconds and died again. This happens every time now, the car will idle for a few seconds then die.

anyone know what problem this could be? My cell phone is almost dead so when I get home (at a friends right now) I will get it plugged in and give you my number if you need more details or whatever.

Thanks
Mike

and I did connect the vacuum tube to the MAP sensor

I

imported_Diavolo

I havn't been able to scan my car because my palm pilot ran out of batteries and when I replaced them I lost my LS1M program. sigh, where is the fuel pump resistor? I also got my phone with me now, number is 513-461-9289. If you need details or whatever, thanks
Mike

Your symptoms sound very consistant with a MAP sensor that isnt working properly... see if the wiring to it is all in tact. When I did my GT swap I had to have a wire extension made for the MAP sensor and the car waa having all types of issues just because the power to the map sensor wasnt at full because of a bad connection.

Check the connector going into it and the wires, unplug it and plug it back in. Might help.

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
Make sure you R&R the resiter. Pump has two speeds to regulate fuel pressure on SC vin(1) engines. The resister is normal pump speed. The PCM controls it via pump speed control relay. Leave it jumped out will cause the pump to be running high speed at all times increasing your pressure that may lead to premature pump failure or other problems down the road.

beyerch

Addict
Jan 20, 2009
Originally posted by rob@Feb 5 2004, 09:07 PM
Make sure you R&R the resiter. Pump has two speeds to regulate fuel pressure on SC vin(1) engines. The resister is normal pump speed. The PCM controls it via pump speed control relay. Leave it jumped out will cause the pump to be running high speed at all times increasing your pressure that may lead to premature pump failure or other problems down the road.
maybe, maybe not.

I"ve been runnning mine bypassed since 2001. So far so good..... Of course now that I said that it will die any minute now! :huh:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info