3800 3.25" ASE pulley

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (00"GTP @ Feb 2 2004, 11:14 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Hey Rob ill buy the pulley and the tool from you if you still have it let me know if you do. [/b][/quote]
if your just starting out, go with the 3.4.

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
WHY? you can run a 3.25" safely. I ran one with minimal mods with limited KR: It will run good with a 160* t-stat and caspers fan relays. (they work together) Use a 180* in the winter. Also remove the insulation under the hood and weather stripping to keep cool in the summer.

You really want a punch. Run the tank down and fill up with 100 octane (unleaded)
I used to mix 93 and a 100 in the summer.

If you loosen up the exhaust with a 3" down pipe will help. You'll be smoking stangs all day. B)

ThaLord

TCG Elite Member
Dec 2, 2008
Cicero
If someone has a 3.25.. you should have more than just a 160 stat and fans running...

Every car is different.. but most would see lots of KR with this setup. So Unless you want to see your engine go boom... make sure you get an autotap, if someone intends to purchase this.

Rob: You may have been able to run that with minimal mods.. but you gotta make sure not to give people, especially newbies, a false sense of security... could be dangerous... A lot of these people don't know anything, and if they think they can slap on a 3.25 with 2 or 3 mods, they are going to be ticked, when they are having to repair a damaged engine.

mybluegtp

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Burbank
John thats why you run the higher Octane to lower the KR and you'll be set plus with those other mods..Rob blew up his motor I think puting a 2.something pully.:eek:

Trust me John he wont BS anyone he is a licensed mechanic and has done everything on his car and now he want more cause of us.. ;)

Like alot of people say if your willing to mod be prepare to fix it or something like that.. :blink:

ThaLord

TCG Elite Member
Dec 2, 2008
Cicero
then how is it.. most people with a 3.4 are seeing knock... how is going to a 3.25 going to help?

The highest ocatane you can run on the street is 93.. unless you want to pay 4 a gallon.. maybe the 3.25 would be good for the track.. but.. unless you have a decent list of mods.. a 3.25 is not for being daily driven...

I have autotapped a LOT of cars... and I think you would be surprised at how much knock, they are seeing. So when someone puts a 3.25 on.. and sees 12 degrees of knock... what do you think is going to happen? My guess is.. they would like all the info.. and know.. that it is not wise..

unless you have supporting mods.. running a 3.25 daily.. is not recommended... and an autotap should be done, to make sure you are not seeing crazy KR..

That is an undesputed fact.

I am not doubting that he ran that.. but I am saying most people shouldn't.. and that is a fact.

gtphale

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Aurora
Thalord is correct in that you shouldn't be running a 3.25 on the street as a daily driver. You will see a ton of knock. You will need exhaust work and atleast rockers to run this safely.... If you don't have the mods to run a 3.25 daily that means you don't have money for the mods. Which means you don't have the cash to pay to fix the car. Throw the 3.25 on and blow it up I can use the money to fix it I have a turbo kit to pay for.

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
Thanks Alfredo-John is right and Paul is going to call me today-Im going to explain all this to him. Just caue my car didnt have an excessive amount of KR doesnt mean another car wont-I WILL TAP HIS CAR to make sure he isnt going to damage his engine-to me thats a given-sorry I didnt mention it.
BESIDES THAT
I just cant say enough about how well 100 runs in these cars. Empty down your tank and try some-plug it in before and after-you'll see.

ThaLord

TCG Elite Member
Dec 2, 2008
Cicero
thanks.. I wasn't doubting you.. dont' be offended.. was just saying... it is better for people to understand...

I like 100.. if it wasn't so expensive.. I would run it all the time.

I was mainly saying this.. because I don't want a club member to be without a car.. I think we all know how that feels...

now this is how a club should work...

john

mybluegtp

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Burbank
Damn $4 for 100 octane? we pay $3;) Well some can and some cant like you rich people who are moding you cars left and right..;) j/k but i'm sure most of these car can which i would say are "factory freaks" and not have a problem. Look a justins car running a a 3.25 daily and only with a few bolt on's. Oh well if they can they can if they cant they cant.. B)

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
I PMed him with all of this info and Im speaking to him today. I DONT RECOMEND RUNNIG LOTS OF KR. But your allways going to see a little-even with a stock pulley.

If he doesnt have the other mods done the pulley can wait. Im not going to turn him down the wrong path. I need to see what hes done to it and we need to evaluate what can be done-this would include tapping thr car even before anything is done just to get a baseline look and to see if anything else may be going on.

And yes, I do recomend some exhaust work-I think hes got a cat-back and I did forget to mention I was running one with the U-bend removed.

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
SLOOOOOW DOWN IM sorry-Im not offended at you-John or anyone....12* is alot.
The gas is expensive:$3.50 a gallon. Please be assured that Im not trying to sell any false claims-you all did forget to mention that you will see more knock in the summer aswell so you have to be particully careful. So it hypotheticly will run good now but when it gets hot-watch your knock gauge. Gotta go I will post more after I talk to him.

JOHN: Ever look into water/meth injection? It will help you.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info