3800 Which cam do you have?

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
What they mean by "modifyed heads" is the valve guides need to be milled down usually .100. :(
You can grind down your own sping retainers or get the Thasher cam install kit. It allows you to install the cam without removing your heads: It uses modifyed retainers and comes with 130# springs used for a S2 cam.
So go for it-more power to be had :)

I have the VS cam.... mostly cuz I got a REALLY F`in good deal on it and I really did not want to modify the heads. The stage 3`s where not out yet and from everything I read, the VS was not that far off from the stage 2 (please!!!! do NOT start a flame war on that last comment!!!!!! :ph34r: )

I also have new retainers and 105 lb springs.

BumpinGTP

TCG Elite Member
Jan 20, 2009
South Suburbs
What they mean by "modifyed heads" is the valve guides need to be milled down usually .100. 
You can grind down your own sping retainers or get the Thasher cam install kit. It allows you to install the cam without removing your heads: It uses modifyed retainers and comes with 130# springs used for a S2 cam.
BINGO!! ;) how do you mill down the retainers though, and at what part of the retainers, i planned on sending them out, but if i can do it myself i might as well. i already have the vitron valve seals from PRJ

I

imported_GraFFix

Bumpin...whats the link to PJR's website..I cant find it anywhere. I have a guy offering to do my heads...FOR FREE..and im looking into buying all the parts I need to send him the heads and everything at once...I want to check out those valve seals.

:)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info