Sunroof broken

ThirdgenTa

TCG Elite Member
Mar 17, 2008
Aurora
Ever since I owned the car (almost new), this sunroof has had problems. Took it to the dealership 7 times to fix it under warranty. It was always because it would move and then stop and not go anymore. They claimed they replaced the switch a few times and the motor. Finally they told me to go elsewhere. I took it to another dealer and they replaced the entire track. It worked for about a year and then it would do the same thing. I rarely every use it because sometimes it will go back and stay back. I will have to try it a couple hours later and it might close.
Fast forward to Sunday morning. I decided to open it and when I went to close, it went crooked. I took the entire assembly out to check it but I am not exactly sure what I am looking at. I posted on another board and they said to order a sunroof assembly kit. I don't want to order a kit if it's not broken. Any ideas? Anyone near Aurora able to take a look at it to see if the track looks fine? It's out of the car and I can't drive it until I put it back in.

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
If it closed crooked I would check the drive cables. You are going to want to see if there are any frayed cables. With the working intermittently I would check the power/ground terminals.

My 98 monte carlo had sunroof issues and my drive cables were shot. Never replaced them. I just ended not using the sunroof and traded in the car before I cared to fix it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• ThirdgenTa
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list