3800 Attn: Club members willing (free beer involved)

This is my first time posting but i'm using this as a call to help a fellow gtp owner out. I'll be getting a set of togs hopefully w/in the month but to be quite honest...i really dont have the first clue how to put them in and i certainly dont have any good let alone decent tools to do the job. So basically this is what i can offer and/or this is my proposition: i live in elgin and need someone or hey, the more the merrier, to help me put these in...more along the lines of let me HELP put them in, hehe. i can provide beer, plenty of beer to whoever is willing to help as well as my utmost gratitude. I'm assuming i'd need air tools and i think the togs come w/ a downpipe so i'm assuming it has to be welded on...other than that...i just want more friends w/ gtps (or even friends in general ;) ) to help broaden my horizons on the car front. Thanks in advance to whoever is willing to help a very inexperienced person make his car faster :D

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
Ive done one set with the help of Kyle(liquibop).....

I have no free time now, but they are a bitch to install.

Most first timers do them in 4-6 hours...

A few in this club can nail em down in 2 hours now.

Good luck with the search.

welcome to the club!.....Lots of people on here who can help you with anything on your car. WE have lots of meetings and get togethers. Come hang out and meet new people. :)

Originally posted by RoyalGTP+Jan 26 2004, 12:22 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (RoyalGTP @ Jan 26 2004, 12:22 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Adam86@Jan 26 2004, 12:17 AM
where theres beer...im there...even though i've never put a set of these on before i'd be more than glad to help you out with anything you need!
Supplying alcoholic beverages to individuals under the age of 21 is illegal in the state of Illinois. :lol: ;) :p [/b][/quote]
....i think someone wants all the beer to themselves :D :D

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Originally posted by RoyalGTP+Jan 26 2004, 12:22 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (RoyalGTP @ Jan 26 2004, 12:22 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Adam86@Jan 26 2004, 12:17 AM
where theres beer...im there...even though i've never put a set of these on before i'd be more than glad to help you out with anything you need!
Supplying alcoholic beverages to individuals under the age of 21 is illegal in the state of Illinois. :lol: ;) :p [/b][/quote]
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

mybluegtp

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Burbank
Originally posted by RoyalGTP+Jan 26 2004, 09:12 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (RoyalGTP @ Jan 26 2004, 09:12 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-sweetness@Jan 26 2004, 05:29 AM
FINALLY you made it over here. :D  If kyle is willing i will help you install them in his garage.  I don't want to do headers with hand tools EVER again.  Talk to kyle (lliquibop) he is the guy you want to see.

BC
where was he b4? [/b][/quote]
Clubgp.

haha, no air tools here. well, i used them a bit to take out the bolts from the downpipe. other than that. it was to much of a pain in the ass for me to use the air tools for all the rest.

man, 4 to 6 hours for someone's first time..... haha, it took me 12 hours.

i sure learned a whole lot though, haha, basically on what not to do. :D

L

lliquibop

well... if you want my help... just ring my celly... ill be more than happy to help... and i help for free...

i have some experience in this now... lol... i cant do them in 2 hours... but i can do them... in a garage... and i have all the tools... name your weekend.. just not saturday morning... i have welding then... \

kyle

kyle, i can order them tomorrow and probably have them here by THIS weekend...i'm off saturday and sunday :), so hell, if u wanted to, we could do it this weekend. what else do i need aside from the headers? cause i'll order em tomorrow if we can do this, cause that would be hella cool...i'll give you a call tomorrow if u need to talk on the tele. this is indeed excellent

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info