3800 Would it be safe to...

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
Coder plugs dont last as long(fouling) But wont hurt anything but your back from changing them-but thats expected from a race plug.

I doubt you feel much of a power gain at this point but cooler plugs allways help with KR. If you dont mind changing them a little more often. But you really dont need them at this point yet.

Make sure you gap them per NGK's or autolites specs not you factory gap. A general rule of thumb is the cooler the less gap to prevent fouling.

alexgtp

TCG Elite Member
Aug 3, 2007
GO with autolite 605's

Only time you should use a colder plug is if you are seeing knock.
Liek everyone else said on here. The cooler the plug the sooner it fouls out. Like BC said the plug will never get hot enought to burn the excess carbon off thus fouling out the plug.

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
Originally posted by antpearl+Jan 27 2004, 04:31 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (antpearl @ Jan 27 2004, 04:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-RoyalGTP@Jan 26 2004, 03:19 PM
i dont know why no one every recomendes auto lite 605s(1 degree) colder.  All you ever hear is everyone say they have 104s, even when they are lightly modded.

I have had 605s on for a while and have had no problems whatsoever.

Go with them.
isn't that what alex said? :huh: [/b][/quote]
yeah, but it seems as if I always read everyone saying 104s for everything.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info