3800 WTB

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
Stock injectors are good for 432HP. The maximum brake pulse width is 21.4 msec.
If your under 21 milliseconds you dont need them. You can run static for a while but runnig static will cause the injector to orverheat leading to an electrical(Coil) or mechanical failure. XP GTP lost a piston due to injector failure. Typiclly stay under the 80% duty cycle.

If the injectors have enough time(open) to satisfy your A/F ratio your ok. You should auto-tap before you empty you wallet becuase you need to change modify your PCM fuel tables and larger injectors have a different inpeadance. You cant just pop them in!

The general rule of thumb is if your no pushing 400HP you dont need them. Bigger injectors NOT MEAN MORE POWER! Worry about cooling down that intake HOT charge with an IC,water/methenol or propane injection. DONT waste your money just to be dissapointed. Buy a cam or IC with the money!

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
Im giving here all she got captian. Shes going too bloooow :eek:

You want bigger injectors go for it. Its completely your desicion. I dont work for Lucus. Any product info I get is usually from the manufacturer or their distributers and racers. :)

When my blue gtp introduced me to the IGPC he wanted me to try and help guys tune their combinations and pass suggestions(bench racing) on what works and dont and why. I was sceptical and still am. But I assured him that I would try to SAVE SOME GUYS SOME MONEY-my goal. Not try to school anyone-Im sure nobody will argue that this stuff is expensive.

Just ask GTPicter-Looks like hes got alot of revenue wrapped up in his machine and we will be looking for a 10 timeslip this summer! Impressive. He will need those 42.2#.

When I was learning (and Im not suggesting anyone is) I simply became tired of dealers trying to SELL me solution or answer to certian performance delemas I ran across. The was a decade ago and I soon learned what motivates parts co's.

YOUR MONEY :blink:

My friend Mike has 376HP at the wheels and ran stock injectors. That translated to a 12.2 et a while back. I hvent talked to him in weeks so I dont know if he broke 11's or still has the desire too. Last time out with new heads he busted an imput. He still wasnt going to change them but got a freebee from Thrasher (42#) He changed them and PCM burn and walla zip nadda no HP gains.

While their are dangers of running static the realality is you wont be static throughout the rpm range. At 1600 you have approx. 75 msec. At 4400 you have 27.27. You dont start running out of time untill 5200-6000 where BPW is 21.4 at 5600 rpms. So you can get away with it unless your CONSTANTLY in the 80-90% duty cycle.

Bottom line is you may run in this range but do you. Its possible. If your changing pulleys alot its probably not nessessary to get larger squiters. And a larger injector is going to keep you out of the 80-90% cycle becuase with each pulse its satisfying the PCM with more fuel. If you put bigger ones in and dont need them your PCM is going to readjust your fuel tables. If you really want to know tap your car with BPW,RPM,and A/F to see if your injectors dont have enough time to satisfy you A/F ratio.

While the may look glamerous on your modds list. To me they are a on a need to change baisis-like a water pump.

So man the torpetoes,sound general quarters, man your battle stations, and stand by for fire drill :lol: Hope this helps in your decision. No pun.

gtphale

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Aurora
Hmmm.. i'm not sold that the stock injectors will run till over 400 hp. I don't have 400 hp and i'm static big time. I was at about 350 hp when I ran out of injector. Plus anyone that is seeing ipw's in the 22 range better change those injectors cause your going to frag a piston. People have ran stock injectors for 12 sec passes but have changed to a walbro pump to pick up the slack. The injectors we run are huge compared to other vehicles. Hell TA's and camaro's upgrade to injector our stock size when they become very heavily modded. Therefor the injector may handle over 400 hp but not in our application.

J/O you need injectors anyone running sub 3.0 pulley,headers,cam,and IC needs injectors. The stock fuel pump is a differant story though. That has been ran to 412 whp. Almost 500 hp. Most of the gp's in low 11's are running stock fuel pump and a few are running 42.5 injectors. A couple are running 50 lb injectors I one day hope to have my 42.5 injectors go static. lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info