3800 help

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
so I was driving my car yesterday and out of nowhere and suddenly sounded like I had a huge exhaust leak and then after that the car just shut off it was like a bogging feeling and the engine was misfiring like crazy and my check engine light was flashing very fast on and off. I check the fuel pressure when I got home shoots to 50 when primed but after that it just falls back down to zero I don't know if it's supposed to stay at 50 or what. I also check for spark because the car won't start but it will crank. It would not start at all since it turned off.and there was no spark and cylinder 1 I'm not quite sure what the problem is I know a lot of guys on here have 3800 do you guys have any ideas how you could drive and everything would be fine then suddenly your car just dies I'm running out of ideas here fuel pump works fine the rewire kit is still are connected so maybe my ignition control module went bad maybe the crank position sensor I'm not sure what do you guys think you could be.

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
hello all so I got my car started it turns out I somehow blew one of those small 15 amp fuse is underneath the hood. I charged the battery and scanned it. The car actually starts now but it idles at 1100 rpm does not fall below that and when you give it gas it sounds like there is a huge misfire also my check engine light is on and I got a P0230 code. there's no misfire codes or anything and it idles good just high. Anyone have any ideas why would be doing this I did just get the PCM back from zzp. Anyone know if a raise voltage on the fuel pump

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
I checked for the fuel pump resistor and it turns out I guess I do not have one they stop doing it in 2001 so here's the thing I miss Luke's I miss the Island Lake parade I need to get this car running right because I literally have no other car now does anyone think this could be my PCM if I don't hear anything I'm just going to have to replace the goddamn fuel pump again and hope for the best

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
p0230 is a circuit malfunction on the primary side of the FP relay.

check that it has power to the primary side, and that the pcm grounds the other terminal for 2 seconds when the key is turned on.

absolutly nothing has changed except a pcm reflash/exchange at zzp?

Besides the reflash we also did the rewire kit to the fuel pump.

Today I changed to a brand new E85 pump. Still did the same thing. I appreciate the help I really do. I been to get this going. I missed out on everything so far

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info