3800 Door Clips or Inserts?

I

imported_Ron Vogel

The one's they sell at the regular auto parts stores come in pkg's of 2 for like $1.50 - a total rip off. The "help" section that's usually in these stores has a package of mixed ones that is a way better value. They are all pretty much the same, so even one's that are not actually correct will work. If you have the time to wait, I need some too. Maybe I can find a place to but them in bulk.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

S/B 2161t, I know both work, but the 2161t does not have the extra ring in it so it will hold more snugly. I need about 25 which should be plenty to do both doors. McMaster carr has some nice sound insulation I'm picking up to do the doors on my car, that's why I need them other than the fact that the pass side is a little loose.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Originally posted by mybluegtp@Feb 21 2004, 03:30 PM
which ones are the ones that hold the bumper in front under the hood...does this makes sense?
Funny you ask that, I just bought some from Pep Boys today. There the kind that have the pin in the center that expand when you push them in. I didn't need that many so I got them there, but pep boys wants $1.79 for two; total ripoff. I'v got my front end all torn apart trying to fix some rattles, and get the tools out of there I dropped in there a year ago.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• J
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list