3800 WHos got Nitrous here?

beyerch

Addict
Jan 20, 2009
To do a PROPER NOS setup is anything but cheap.

Bottle warmer, relief valve, pressure gauge, control system, etc, etc, adds up fast. To just slap a 75 shot on and take your chances though is relatively cheap. Bottle pressure is very important and will greatly affect the power your kit makes, you should probably spend the extra money and do it right.

The CSC SE will be running nitrous come summer time. But the engine is being completely replaced and it will be a much stronger engine than what is in there now.

Charles

yep, most peeps want to take the car as far as they can with normal modding until they feel comfortable. I made a goal to hit the low 12`s without juice. next summer it goes in. :ph34r:

i agree with charles 100%. once you start adding in all the little extras, it is not really that cheap if you want to be safe. start talking a wet system and you are nearly at the cost of a set of heads!!

J.E.T.

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
From what I gather here, the ILGPG will be Intercooled AND Nitrous'd !

Unstopable !! :lol:

I think a lot of people shy away from it because of fearing the unknown. Too many 'I blew up this and that' stories. The simple fact of the matter is all your doing is adding more air and fuel to burn.

J.E.T.
'97 Red GTP

LP 3800

Addict
Nov 24, 2008
NOS does carry a bad rep. It is because of all the people who push the limits and just hope it does not break each time they spray. I will definitely plan on spending about $1,200 on a NOS set up. That looked about right for a complete ser. But everything does add up as you start actuallt installing. Then you gotta get different jets to play with and ........
What do you guys think about direct injection? Well I have the engine apart I as thinking of setting it up for that.

BLK00GTP

Regular
Jan 20, 2009
Schaumburg
I had a 75 shot in my civic. It was a Zex kit and I will never use Nitrous again. I almost killed my car. I had all the bells and whistles and still had a problem. I had a dry system and when I hit the button I was in second gear at about 3k rpm and the car just took off :D . I go to shift into third and press the clutch down and the rmp's went thru the roof. I killed the ignition and coasted to a side street popped the hood to find that every vaccum line was blown off the motor. I then disconnected the bottle and tried starting the car. Well when the car was on the rpm's still rose even though the throttle cable was not being pulled. So I killed the motor again and took my CAI apart to check out the TB. Sure enough the butterfly Throttle plate was bent outwards tricking the motor into thinking it should be underload because air was being sucked into the intake manifold. The plate looked like a damn Lays Potato chip. I sold the kit the next week and vowed to never spray again.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info