3800 Well it was not a head gasket after all

LP 3800

Addict
Nov 24, 2008
I never saw a symptom of it coming. I was running lean but I never saw a degree of knock during the whole run. I think it must of just been a ton of power on a block with 93K that has been through a lot of abuse. I was looking at the plugs today under a goos light and they did not look burnt or anything. Lightly brown coated which is what I was told they should look like. Maybe too much timing? I don't think 22 degrees and 14LBS is that big of a deal for a well modified engine.

I just look at the bright side of it. I will have my engine bored out woth forged pistons and steel gaskets now.
MMMMMMMM..........NNNNAAAAAAWWWWWZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!

I

imported_snoop

THALORD, are you making the power that brian is making. if you are, i would take it easy on that thing. the leaner you go, the hotter it is. i am pretty sure you know that. putting holes in the top of pistons comes from getting that cylinder too hot and the piston ring comes up higher than that cylinder and gas gets under the ring and when the spark plug ignites BOOM, there goes your piston. so if you are making the power brian is, i would take it easy, because those readings you are getting is very dangerous.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info