Need complete strut assemblies

RareGMFan

Addict
Jan 12, 2008
Naperville, IL
Looking to buy a used set of complete strut assemblies (I'd like to avoid assembling/disassembling everything if at all possible) for all 4 corners for a Gen 2 w-body as cheap as possible. These don't have to be anything great. I'm just looking to replace the ones on my car because all 4 struts and mounts are shot, and the rear springs are broken, but I'm not keeping the car beyond this winter, so I want to spend as little as possible on them to get me by. As long as they're not close to being shot/blown/broken, they'll do. Let me know what you have, and how much you'd want for them. Thanks in advance.

RareGMFan

Addict
Jan 12, 2008
Naperville, IL
I already looked into that. Cheapest set they have will run me about $300 shipped all the way around. That is too much to spend in my book on a car that is literally going to get junked in a few months. In fact, I already have every component needed to completely overhaul the suspension, but there's no way I'm going to waste those parts on this car. After discovering the rocker panels had COMPLETELY rusted out, and I mean to the point where you can't jack up the car from the pinch welds anymore, it was game over. Therefore, I'm trying to spend as little as possible on it to get me by over the winter while I A. decide on a car, and B. have time to shop around for it.

I already looked into that. Cheapest set they have will run me about $300 shipped all the way around. That is too much to spend in my book on a car that is literally going to get junked in a few months. In fact, I already have every component needed to completely overhaul the suspension, but there's no way I'm going to waste those parts on this car. After discovering the rocker panels had COMPLETELY rusted out, and I mean to the point where you can't jack up the car from the pinch welds anymore, it was game over. Therefore, I'm trying to spend as little as possible on it to get me by over the winter while I A. decide on a car, and B. have time to shop around for it.

Who jacks by the pinchwelds?

You could probably find some that someone took off their car though... maybe ebay

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info