3800 Stuck on what to do...

GTPictor

Addict
Nov 16, 2008
McHenry
Ok I am stuck with a problem. I can have this motor built by march/april with almost everything done or i could wait till mid summerish and get the two remaining parts for the car that would help it imho alot. The parts im talking about is a custom billit aluminum crank for around 3g and titanium rods for around 3g. If i dont get these im stuck with stock crank which might be a problem and crowel rods which are hardcore but titanium is the best. With the custom stuff i can rev at around 10,000 with the other 7,000. After all the money ive dumped into this car im stuck wondering if i should go all out now or wait and have the crank built in the next year or two. Plus i dont want to regret not putting in the custom crank in if the stock one causes a problem and destroy's all ive put in so far. Thanks for all your help. GTPictor.

S

SHODOG4

Honestly, it depends on what you want to do with the car. Since I think you'll be doing a lot of daily driving with it, Id say go with the stock crank and Crower rods. I doubt you'll be wanting to rev it out to 10k every day and besides which, generally speaking engines that rev that high arent as reliable as ones that are designed for lower RPM's. Just my opinion bro B)

GTPictor

Addict
Nov 16, 2008
McHenry
I doubt you'll be wanting to rev it out to 10k every day and besides which, generally speaking engines that rev that high arent as reliable as ones that are designed for lower RPM's.

Thats what i thought but its all light weight and stronger than most and completely balnced and he assures me it can do it. Also ill have 2 PCM's one for strip and one for street and the street ill set to like 7-8g and strip 10,000. So it should be ok.

iliveonnitro

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Schaumburg, IL
Just build a race motor and have a race pcm, and drop it in for the track whenever you go, and save the other one for daily driving. :p

That kind of defeats the purpose of street racing though.

If you can resist driving hard, just keep the same pcm.

I would just put the money into a car that can hit 8 or 9's tho. If you really want to go "all out" on your car, you might as well gut it and put in a roll cage and wheelie bar...maybe you'll hit low 10s or so. Either way, wait for the stuff until summer, im sure you wont regret it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info